Ms 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I don't think these oil enough to handle a 18" .325 .064 set up. I probably will switch this over to a spare 16" 3/8 lp .050 set up then I will see if it can out cut the 023.

Read here a while ago they have an higher output oiler for the ms 250 . p/N WAS POSTED also.
Your dealer should install it free if your not getting enough oil. If you by pass your dealer and contact Stihl I am almost positive they will solve your issue with your dealer of choice. Good chance u can get reimbersed for the $ u were charged prior also. Companys like stihl do want to remain reputable. I worked at a dealer that had a well used Snapper about 5 years old rear engine rider with a tranny problem that the customer insisted should not be their responsibility to pay for. The company ok'ed it to have it fixed under a customers relation warranty of some sort.
I'd google Stihl corp. and call your district rep. .I think they will try to make u happy and may be line up your dead beat dealer a bit.

Personally I don't think these oil enough to handle a 18" .325 .064 set up. I probably will switch this over to a spare 16" 3/8 lp .050 set up then I will see if it can out cut the 023.

Whoa there, skippy! Don't you know that you're supposed to talk Stihl-talk there?

"Picco", got it? Say it, now, come on! "Picco." (What's with them?) :msp_rolleyes:

Same stuff with their weird .063" gauge. Couldn't be to block interoperability, could it? Nah.

Whoa there, skippy! Don't you know that you're supposed to talk Stihl-talk there?

"Picco", got it? Say it, now, come on! "Picco." (What's with them?) :msp_rolleyes:

Same stuff with their weird .063" gauge. Couldn't be to block interoperability, could it? Nah.

I say LP because it isn't Stihl chain. Maybe it will work better.:hmm3grin2orange:

Oh picco is Italian and means summit I think.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back