MS 360 Pro question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlBoy440

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey you guys got a newbie and he has a question. I have the chance to buy a MS 360 pro power head and was wondering will the bar and chain from my old ms440 work with the new saw. also I had to my best knowledge 064 dawg(s) on my 440 and was wondering can I install them on the 360 pro

Yes, the bar mount pattern is the same. Now if your 440 has a 36" bar on it, well then you might still need to get a new bar, but that saw will be happy with an 18"-20" easily. Out here they run them with 24".

As far as the dogs, with a little grinding, you can get any dawg to fit. I don't know firsthand about what'll fit on a 360, but I know that I've got dawgs from a 660 on my 361...after some metalwork.

Welcome.

Jeff

thanks for the replies I will let you know if I get the saw if the dawgs will work I ran them on my 440 and loved them you could really put some added pressure to the bar, might be alittle much for a 360 but we will might end up having to buy another 440 that is one of the sweetest fastest cutting saws I have ever used out cut a old 064 and a new ms460 at our church's outdoor day which really impressed me!

As Jeff said, the dawgs can be adapted. Every bar and chain is xchangable between the two saws. Just a matter of realizing that there is a hp difference and that means to get comparable performance on the 360 Pro you will need to run a shorter bar, use square chisel 'skip' chain. I run an 18" bar on mine with square chisel 'skip' chain. I think it would be fairly comparable to running a 25" bar with full comp, round chisel chain on your 044. Now that comment should stir the pot. :dizzy: :p :dizzy: :p

Back