Ms 361 max bar length?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think your local shop would have to prove that to me. At the very minimum idling the saw would give the chain a chance to oil up and the bar to cool off a little.

Oh I agree with you about the bar'n'chain BUT (as far as I understand) the Saw (motor) itself is Air cooled, so if you do not have it sucking in large amounts of cool-er air, then the part that costs the most (motor) has highER chance of being heat damaged.

From what I remember of this thread the stuff being discussed wasn't keeping your bar from overheating, but keeping the saw itself from overheating

Where at in Minnesota? I've got a 661 that wouldn't mind seeing something worthy of it's time.
I'm in southern mn, Northfield specifically. It's not enormous wood, and it's not actually mine either lol. I can get away with taking a couple of cookies so far, but I think I need to wait until spring to get the rest of the neighbors on board with me getting rid of it completely. I want to keep on everyone's good side and not destroy it yet, even though we all know it's not going anywhere without my help. One of these days I want to get some big wood from the local arborist and go to town and make some firewood to sell. Price goes from $500 to $400 delivered if you accept wood over 36''. Think you get around 5 cords or so. Maybe this summer...

Back