MS 361 Review so far

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manual

manual

Addicted to ArboristSite
talon1189 said:
Thanks Thall..........I just don't want the desease to get too bad and carry into Manuals favorite saws:chainsaw: the Husky........Hehehe! I figured that you "outhouse" monger thinkers know what's better :clap: :rock: LOL!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon :rock:

People who use Huskys don't sit in the outhouse and think.
they are out side cutting wood. :rockn:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
manual said:
Wait a minute,
you tell the man to consider a sthil, But your dream saw is a Husky. Hmmmmm
The 372 is not dead it's Jonny Red.

They are not Jonny Red only over here, they are still readily available in Orange for a while.

My dream saws are not allways the saws that I actually buy or recommend, as the application has something to do with it.

The only dream saw that I actually bought was the MS361W, some 2 years ago. :heart: :rockn:

My next new saw may very well be a 441W or 372xpg, considering what I can make up an excuse to buy.

talon1189

talon1189

"Da Smiley King"
manual said:
Hehehehe :hmm3grin2orange: Why do all my threads always turn into smaller versions of " Da Prince of saws has arrived" thread? :ices_rofl:

manual

manual

Addicted to ArboristSite
talon1189 said:
Hehehehe :hmm3grin2orange: Why do all my threads always turn into smaller versions of " Da Prince of saws has arrived" thread? :ices_rofl:
Everthing I answered was in this post.
You Knocked on my door,left a burning bag of crap and ran. I'm watching.:pumpkin2:

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
manual said:

If ya bought the right brand you would have plenty of time left over to go enjoy some fine meditation on the throne,LOLOL

fishhuntcutwood

fishhuntcutwood

Full wraps and long bars!!!!!!!!!
From IN, stationed in Port Angeles, WA, but AK is
talon1189 said:

Nothing special about your threads man. You may have noticed there's a small rivalry between the major saw makers. Ford vs. Chevy type thing. Way of the world.

jefeVTtreeman

jefeVTtreeman

ArboristSite Operative
addiction

i know all about the saw addiction two weeks ago trade in my 390 for a 650 now the king has real saw or at least a big brother for his 346xp. i clean my saws out with brake clean and air then lube with fogging oil in carb and down cilinder. and a little on all metal areas. drain gas fill bar oil. run with choke on until she sputters out and good to go for winter. how do people store extra chains during winter?

fishhuntcutwood

fishhuntcutwood

Full wraps and long bars!!!!!!!!!
From IN, stationed in Port Angeles, WA, but AK is
jefeVTtreeman said:
how do people store extra chains during winter?

On a hook in the garage.

And how is that brake cleaner on your saws? It's not too hard on them? I've never used it, but I'd keep it away from seals and rubber at the least. But if it's never given you trouble, go for it.

jefeVTtreeman

jefeVTtreeman

ArboristSite Operative
mix

sometimes it brake clean other times electro clean or sea foam spray usally on the plastic covers and where oil/chips build up is the air gun it all works well. My wife thinks i over clean but she only thinks i spent 200 on my saws. hahahahahahahahah

Stihlcuttin86

Stihlcuttin86

ArboristSite Lurker
Stihl MS 361

Just wanted to thank everyone that helped me on my 1st major saw purchase which I named "Big Brutus" The MS 361 is doing just great and has some hours behind him now:heart: Does this desease now grow to a MS 440...........then a 441 for Thall????? :hmm3grin2orange: then a MS 660? "Brutus" drinks quite a bit of oil and gas compared to my first saw........the almighty MS 180:biggrinbounce2: Does anyone else have any tips to offer me to keep Big Brutus running smoothly for years down the road :rockn: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Hello, I'm a new guy to the site but i was reading bout how you just got a MS 361 and so did i i got mine on feb 8 2007 and i was just gon see if you learned any special tricks yet for a lil extra power.

jomac11

jomac11

ArboristSite Lurker
I have used a 361 just a little bit, for about 4 or 5 hours, and it sure smokes the 028 that is older than I am, but it should. I don't cut much, and my arms were definitely feeling it the next day...

blsnelling
I never ran my 361 before I sent it to Big Dave. What kind of torque do they have in stock form? I'm talking about it's ability to fell a 18" hackberry which will require the use of some torque on the dawgs. Is it a saw that requires a light touch to keep from bogging or not?

Latest posts