MS 362 opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw troll why do you insist on trying to get people to change there mind from stihl to husky if they want to buy stihl so be it. It gets old every post out of you is of husky this husky is better then stihl

I did a search: ;) "saws that Sawtroll thinks are too heavy and are also uninteresting"

Then, over the past 6 months I bought 2 saws off the list of Sawtrolls least favorites.

I might be checkin' that list again.

The MS362 looks very sedate and uninteresting, after the 560xp hit the market here, and it never looked good compared to the Euro MS361 either. The air filtration issue doesn't help either. :givebeer:

As they say, looks can be deceiving. There are a great many people very happy with the 362's, so chalk it up to user preference.
Not everyone wants or cares to have a saw that is good at limbing and bucking. Some just want a saw that does firewood really well, starts every time and with care will outlast them.

The 362 is all that. :rock:

Stop trying to sell your Huskies at every opportunity please. It is generally annoying. And painfully transparent.

The 362 is a good saw. It has more power and is more durable than the competition. Around here, it is known that the 362 has more power (torque) and better durability than the 357 huskies by far. The 359 is a better Husky, i'd say.For that matter, I know several long time pro saw guys that have had it with the coveted 372's because of crank failures. They are switching to Stihl's.

What is it with you Sawtroll? the pros generally don't agree with many/most of your assessments. In the current 60-70cc saw range the Stihls are known to be more torquey, more durable saws. Pros run Husky in that size because they rev quick and feel good in their hands. But they replace them every season too. That's why I bought my 362. Because I talked to guys and decided I wanted my saw to last a long, long time. Husky builds screamers, Stihl builds tractors. It's always been that way, as far as I know. Screamers generally don't last as long as tractors. But they are fun to run.

Anyway, have a nice day. Please stop continuously crapping on Stihl. I really don't care, but the misinformation at times is staggering. Some people want to know the truth. Propoganda is not the truth.

First of all what are you talking about with crank failures with 372's. I am quite sure I have fixed and repaired more 371 and 372 saws than you have ever seen and will ever see in your whole life, this is what I do every day fo a living. Only seen 2 crank failures on 372's and thats due to too lean mix or over speed...PERIOD. Stihls I have seen crank failures also but that was due to operator failure. I work on both brands, neither makes a bad crankshaft, but I will tell you that husqvarna metal caged main bearings dont have as many issues as the plastic ones that stihl use. Get that clutch to hot on a inboard mounted clutch stihl saw (operater error) and you bet you have to replace the clutch side seal and bearing while the husky I only have to replace the seal.

As for the 362 stihl, I cannot give an opinion on that unit yet, never ran one before, never worked on one yet, I have only picked one up to get a feel for it. It might be a fine saw, we will see in 5 years

If the 362 is a M-tronic, that would be awesome, but without it compairing the husky 562 to the stihl is like apples and oranges. I do know that the 361 was a smash hit, I really like those saws, very quick revving and balanced, ohh but wait isnt this a brand war thread???? Im a husqvarna lover but also love stihls, both brands make lemons and winners.
I will say it now and will say it again, Buy a saw that has a nearby dealer with good support, that is worth more than the brand name........

As they say, looks can be deceiving. There are a great many people very happy with the 362's, so chalk it up to user preference.
Not everyone wants or cares to have a saw that is good at limbing and bucking. Some just want a saw that does firewood really well, starts every time and with care will outlast them.

The 362 is all that. :rock:

It wasn't the actual looks I was referring to - more what it is and what it isn't......:D

The air filtration issue doesn't help either!

First of all what are you talking about with crank failures with 372's. I am quite sure I have fixed and repaired more 371 and 372 saws than you have ever seen and will ever see in your whole life, this is what I do every day fo a living. Only seen 2 crank failures on 372's and thats due to too lean mix or over speed...PERIOD. Stihls I have seen crank failures also but that was due to operator failure. I work on both brands, neither makes a bad crankshaft, but I will tell you that husqvarna metal caged main bearings dont have as many issues as the plastic ones that stihl use. Get that clutch to hot on a inboard mounted clutch stihl saw (operater error) and you bet you have to replace the clutch side seal and bearing while the husky I only have to replace the seal.

Don't be too sure about you seeing more 372's than me. I work with a lot af saw guys. Sometimes 50 or 60 at a time. More usually 15-20 at a time. They all bring a couple of saws each. Many/most of them run 372's and love them. Several recently have mentioned that they are searching for "the perfect saw" again, as some have had multiple 372 failures over the past few years.

Maybe it's the new gas, and those silly limiter caps getting in the way of proper tuning, IDK.

And I'm talking about big-end bearings, sorry for the confusion.

And also sorry for even getting into this.......I will try to stay out of this crap from now on.

It wasn't the actual looks I was referring to - more what it is and what it isn't......:D

The air filtration issue doesn't help either!

You did say that it "looks very sedate and uninteresting" basing your assumption I'm quite certain on what you have read.

I am merely suggesting back that many people do not agree with your sentiment and really do like this saw. Thats all. Cosmetics have nothing to do with it.

Claiming the 362s sometimes filtration issue as grounds for it being sub par is tantamount to saying the same about the 562XP because of its recall.

Lets just stay with facts and not go into assumptions. :msp_smile:

Don't be too sure about you seeing more 372's than me. I work with a lot af saw guys. Sometimes 50 or 60 at a time. More usually 15-20 at a time. They all bring a couple of saws each. Many/most of them run 372's and love them. Several recently have mentioned that they are searching for "the perfect saw" again, as some have had multiple 372 failures over the past few years.

Maybe it's the new gas, and those silly limiter caps getting in the way of proper tuning, IDK.

And I'm talking about big-end bearings, sorry for the confusion.

And also sorry for even getting into this.......I will try to stay out of this crap from now on.

To clearify what I said when I say I see saws (372's) I am reffering to actually working on them and sawing with them. Im sure a guy could just look at 3000 saws and say he seen more than me. On any given day I work on atleast 3 of these saws, and up to 20 a day in the summer, and I sell new ones too and tach them in for my customers.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the mains on a 372, they are just standard 6202c3 skf bearings like hundredes of other brands and models use.. The limiter cap issue is fault of the dealer not setting the saw up properly, if one is set right you will just wear out pistons. My retired mechanic buddie has a bone yard of 372's, dont even ask how many, I just know how big the pile is, like 12 foot long 5 foot deep and 4 foot wide. For spare money we pull saws out of that pile and get enough together to build a sellable saw. Normally it takes just seals, carb kit and a piston

Latest posts

Back