MS 362 spark plug port threads stripped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A guy brought me a MS 362 to work on. The spark plug port hole threads are stripped out. Has anyone used a Heli- coil or Time Cert thread repair kit to repair this, if so did you remove the cylinder to do it? How is it holding up if you have? The 362 uses the smaller type plugs and I think the threads are 10mmx1.0 pitch threads.

Did a couple of the small plug threads. Many of the larger threads. Use whatever thread repair that works for you. I use helicoil type and the barrel type that you stake in after installation.
I do it on the saw. Use grease on the tap to catch the shavings. I also pull the muffler so I can see the inside of the cylinder for cleanlines.
No issues after install.

Did a couple of the small plug threads. Many of the larger threads. Use whatever thread repair that works for you. I use helicoil type and the barrel type that you stake in after installation.
I do it on the saw. Use grease on the tap to catch the shavings. I also pull the muffler so I can see the inside of the cylinder for cleanlines.
No issues after install.
I have ordered a Time Sert thread kit for the saw. When I first joined this site You and Lakeside, Fish, and others helped me out on many Stihl projects. Good to see you are still here. I don't get on here much anymore, but several years ago I was a regular here. You guys sure helped me wrenching on saws over the years. Thanks

Back