MS 461 is breaking my heart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that said, this past weekend I pinched the bar pretty good in a deadfall. I had to use the tractor to free the saw.
Next time remove the powerhead from the bar and chain before yanking on the tree. At least that way you only risk damaging the bar and chain if something goes awry.

Yeah, I always keep an old bar and chain behind the seat.
If I get my good bar/chain stuck, I just unbolt it and put on the spare to cut the saw free..
I take that a step further and carry extra chainsaws, yes I said chainsaws. I always have at least 3 when I’m out cutting, been doing it that way for a long time.

I take that a step further and carry extra chainsaws, yes I said chainsaws. I always have at least 3 when I’m out cutting, been doing it that way for a long time.

I bring a spare saw when out cutting wood as well, just in case....
Doesn't need to be a spiffy light saber cutter, just a saw that you can count on starting after it sits for extended periods of time.

80983778-847B-435F-B2F4-C14934DDA900.jpeg 34C41871-29F2-4B9E-805B-67DB74BCEE89.jpeg 36FA34FD-C4DA-4BDD-96A5-5A6F9C27F1BB.jpeg Good afternoon guys. Thanks for all the feedback. I see the “silly” air bagfle / intake boot mix up has killed any dirt cred I once had. Lol.
I didn’t try to rescue the saw by hooking her up to the tractor. I am however reluctant to admit the thoughts, to hook it up and drag it down the rd and burn it and the tractor, didnt cross my mind after taking a day off work to drive 2 hours to pinch the saw on the third cut and spend the day getting nothing done.

Extra saw / bars / chains etc .... check!

After all of your help I was able to pull the covers and look at the intake boot and impulse line. Heres what I found : boot looks good / impulse line disconnected.

** Indeed correct Sirs. Too much Yanky Yanky.
I was heated and now my new handle is Yanky Yanky!

See pics..
Thanks again and Ill follow up once I reconnect that line and get it running!

- Yanky Yanky

Always bring an extra bar & chain at the very least, if you have a saw with an inboard clutch. If your main saw has an outboard clutch, better bring at least two saws... And as tempting as it is to get pissed off and break things, I’ve learned from experience that that will always make things worse.

Back