Ms 462 repair on a budget

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can any shed light on this windage baffle?
Stihl calls it a flange. It’s meant to deflect some charge up into the piston to lube the wrist pin bearing. It’s the thing sticking up from the case just inside the intake skirt of the piston.

But in a 462 it’s cast into the case halves so it doesn’t apply anyway

My bad. Two jobs and three toddlers don't leave a lot of time for me to play with my hobby.

I reached out and, your won't believe it, he withdrew the cylinder because, I **** you not, he realized the threads were stripped.
If anyone gets that, I do :yes: .
What a bummer.
Maybe you could get it cheaper, then use that one and the one you have to figure out the best route to go for thread repair. Start with the one that looks the worst in the cylinder, then finish with the better one. I'd probably just sell the whole saw, or send it out to be welded up. If you decide to part it out, I need a brake flag, top cover, and the top handle ;).
Can any shed light on this windage baffle?
Works with the felling sights, helps you to properly adjust for windage, thus preventing a tree from missing the intended fall :lol:.

Latest posts

Back