MS-660R Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Man oh man, it's a wood cutting son-of-a-gun. Of course, I know I'm not telling you guys anything that you don't already know.

I've run close to 15 tanks of fuel thru it. I helped a buddy clear some of his land of aged horizontal timber.

We had a great time and didn't have to worry any about gravity. :msp_biggrin:

Sounds good. 660s are nice saws. how long a bar are you running? i bought a 660R a few years ago and now its a ported little fire breather.

Man oh man, it's a wood cutting son-of-a-gun. Of course, I know I'm not telling you guys anything that you don't already know.

I've run close to 15 tanks of fuel thru it. I helped a buddy clear some of his land of aged horizontal timber.

We had a great time and didn't have to worry any about gravity. :msp_biggrin:

Pics.

[video=youtube;dEMHtoWGLW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dEMHtoWGLW0[/video]

Can you imagine how you would feel going from not using a saw for years, then running 15 tanks threw a ms660. Dano is probably in the hospital not able to stand up or walk.
:deadhorse:

PICS or it did not happen

First of all, thanks for the nice thoughts. I can tell they're from the heart. ;)

Second, let me tell you ladies a little something. I turn 59 this October. I'm 6-5 and weigh about 280. I've been weight lifting on and off for almost 37 yrs. now. I still hit the gym every other day for 90 minutes.

On a good day, I can still do 400 lbs. on the bench press......twice. As I've grown older, arthritis has become an issue, so when I work out, I have to walk a fine line, so as to keep the arthritis at bay, yet not lift too heavy and aggravate it.

The last time I had a good day, was about 5 months ago. And yes, they are fewer and farther between now.

My PB was the day I turned 50. I did 450 on the bench press that day.

Handling a big saw is not a challenge for me. 20 lbs., give or take, for the most part, is amusing. But then again, I don't do it all day, every day.

Anyways, I just wanted to clarify things a bit, for those that might have other thoughts.

And yes, one of these days, when I don't have anything better to do, I'll try and post a pic or two.

I find being tall and heavy kinda has its advantages but it also sucks lol 6'-4" and 290lbs. Im glad you like the saw. Those 660 are nice.

In before da...

9910_05_1531---Old-rusted-padlock_web.jpg

I'd also like to see some pictures of that new saw in action. I imagine the OP is all rested up after his stay at camp................since it wasn't just a "day spa" visit...:popcorn:

9910_05_1531---Old-rusted-padlock_web.jpg

I'd also like to see some pictures of that new saw in action. I imagine the OP is all rested up after his stay at camp................since it wasn't just a "day spa" visit...:popcorn:

Little guys like you are always the biggest smart alecks.

Alright, ya got-me:msp_ohmy:, I'm in.:msp_ohmy:

I don't work out ever! I get enough of it at work. Take the 660 or whatevea up that tree W/28" for a few hours and tell me how light they are. Not the days I look forward to at 6' 150lb. I'm no spring chicken and won't even mention the broken parts.

How much do you enjoy it then?
Is it more fun after or before 15 tanks?

Alright, ya got-me:msp_ohmy:, I'm in.:msp_ohmy:

I don't work out ever! I get enough of it at work. Take the 660 or whatevea up that tree W/28" for a few hours and tell me how light they are. Not the days I look forward to at 6' 150lb. I'm no spring chicken and won't even mention the broken parts.

How much do you enjoy it then?
Is it more fun after or before 15 tanks?

Tanks of what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back