MS 880 Broken Crank Answers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glock37

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How do you remove clutch with out breaking case ?

MS 880 experts any suggestions ?

the saw has very little use and is in awesome shape

Heres pics of the break and it ran !

Attachments

• IMG_1380.JPG
    IMG_1380.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 182
For ones that didnt come off like posted above by Mike. I used PB Blaster let set over night, sprayed a couple times hours apart. Then next attempt next day bumped it in direction to tighten counterclockwise, then to take off clockwise.

Done close to the same with PB for stuck flywheels too. Never felled on the worst of the worst stuck yet.

the Crank is broke inside crankcase when you go to remove it it spreads out I don't want to crack crankcase

im at a lose , maybe take clutch apart and maybe able to get case separated and remove after case apart

is that possible ?

did you try the rope in the cylinder trick/method ??
I tried with old cyl piston on and no go

ill have to try a few more things when I have time

thanks guys give me a few days to get back to it

I got to go easy don't want to break case

Maybe you could lock a pair of vise grips on the broken cank to hold it together, this should also keep crank from turning to make it possible to remove clutch. May want to also wrap some rags around vise grips so they don't damage case when trying to remove clutch.

I've been thinking on this a bit. With that broken crank, I think you could pressed the case halves apart even with the clutch on. The broken half of the crank will still be in the case, but at that point you should be able to grab that crank half with something and get the clutch off.

I've been thinking on this a bit. With that broken crank, I think you could pressed the case halves apart even with the clutch on. The broken half of the crank will still be in the case, but at that point you should be able to grab that crank half with something and get the clutch off.

Winner! Winner!

Edit: NOT

Back