Ms200t I think I found my problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvb1130

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My 200t has not been running right. I think the kink in this line is causing my problem. Does anyone know what this line is called and if this is the original one? Is this the crankcase ventilation?

51e3e207862f510e81d6e17738622725.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Test for vac and pressure while you have it this far down. Put a piece of rubber between the muffler and cylinder blocking the exhaust, put your thumb over the intake, pull vac and wait. Should hold for like a minute or so. If not, check with pressure the same way , about 5to 7 lbs. should also hold for a minute or so. If either fails to hold you have a leak, spray soapy water around suspected areas and look for bubbles. Seals, case, base gasket, spark plug all leak. Good luck!

I guess I will give it a shot. Mattyo your videos have been super helpful thanks

Son of a ......... I replaced that kinked hose and still a no go. I almost threw the darn thing twice. I have a job tomorrow and need a reliable saw. How much would it cost to have someone get this sucker running perfect? I am thinking about just buying a new 201 or an echo 355t.

I also signed up at a local vocational school to take a small engine repair class

No I was in to big of a hurry to try to get it going, it is probably an air leak cause it won't idle and it is eradic acting I also put a brand new farmertec carb on it and it didn't help at all same stuff happened. With the stihl carb it runs a little better but still like crap.

I'm going to I just have a love hate relationship with 2 cycle engines. I will get into sometime this week. I think tomorrow I am going to see if u can buy a 355t in the morning before my job.

Jeez I went to the dealer this morning and he said he sold his last 355t yesterday. So it looks like I will be climbing with my ms 250 today :(

Back