MS200T tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlD

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Morning guys. So I’m rebuilding my last 200t from a stockpile of parts, and it seems I left the best til last :clap:
I remember now that this saw was chucked on the pile for two reasons; chain brake failure and leaky tank vent. This is confirmed by a perfect vacuum and pressure test and really clean piston and cylinder. I have put new OEM rings on though because I had them lying about.
I have bought a new chain brake bone (old one snapped in half...is that a common failure?) and fitted a new breather kit. On fitting the kit a little orange flappy thing fell out of the fuel tank, kinda like an umbrella without the handle. There is no mention or illustration of this on the new parts install sheet; I have just ordered one from LSE but do I need it? Would the handle just poke up into the hole from inside the fuel tank?
Thanks in advance for any help guys
22B84832-6707-4BE4-A5D1-09B4C769B978.jpeg3E716F69-D08E-42D0-913F-4C2545DB3A45.jpeg7A234282-6E79-45C4-A5B0-BC7556B6B23C.jpeg

Yes, you need the umbrella valve. It will fit. Lub it well and pull it slowly into position.
The broken link does happen. They put the cover on wrong and distort them. The brake wont function correctly without it.

Morning guys. So I’m rebuilding my last 200t from a stockpile of parts, and it seems I left the best til last :clap:
I remember now that this saw was chucked on the pile for two reasons; chain brake failure and leaky tank vent. This is confirmed by a perfect vacuum and pressure test and really clean piston and cylinder. I have put new OEM rings on though because I had them lying about.
I have bought a new chain brake bone (old one snapped in half...is that a common failure?) and fitted a new breather kit. On fitting the kit a little orange flappy thing fell out of the fuel tank, kinda like an umbrella without the handle. There is no mention or illustration of this on the new parts install sheet; I have just ordered one from LSE but do I need it? Would the handle just poke up into the hole from inside the fuel tank?
Thanks in advance for any help guys
View attachment 854723View attachment 854724View attachment 854725
You prob don't need the umbrella valve if your new breather works properly and it does just pop in from inside the tank.

Yes, you need the umbrella valve. It will fit. Lub it well and pull it slowly into position.
The broken link does happen. They put the cover on wrong and distort them. The brake wont function correctly without it.
Thanks mate; I’ll have the bits in a few days and I’ll get it done

You prob don't need the umbrella valve if your new breather works properly and it does just pop in from inside the tank.
Thanks fella; it’s strange how a new one was not supplied with the other breather bits isn’t it?

I've seen the brake bone break a couple times. It's definitely not a common issue, but have seen it before.

Back