MS201TC M-Tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Is there a way to manually adjust the idle on one? Saw starts, cuts, runs, but idles super low like the butterfly is almost completely shut

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just something to try, but you can reset the M-tronic
Put it in the cold start position
Start it and let it run for at least 45 seconds
Then hold the throttle wide open for at least 30 seconds, the engine speed will vary while it is calibrating
As soon as the engine speed drops drastically, release the throttle and it should be calibrated

Then hold the throttle wide open for at least 30 seconds, the engine speed will vary while it is calibrating
As soon as the engine speed drops drastically, release the throttle and it should be calibrated
It won't run over 10 seconds on cold start.

He should know which version m-tronic he has first. That only applies to 3.0

Here is the 2.0 rest I think this is it, after the possible solenoid is replaced.
Start it and let it run for at least 90 seconds, not throttle or revving
Shut off the saw and it should be reset.

Kinda what i figured...hate these damned M-tronic saws

If it has the old black solenoid swap it out for a white one, or a new green one. You'll love m-tronic saws after that. And make sure you get a new orange fuel filter.

Those black ones were hit or miss, I had a 201 that didn't start and idle for **** that barely had any time on it, new solenoid and fuel filter took care of that.

Back