Ms201tc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P
Hello wood cutters,I have not posted before now.I am 70 years old and have been using chain saws since1976.there is always more to learn and what I’d like is any information at all concerning pros and cons with the use of dual port mufflers.do they make for a better running saw or not?their cost seems quite reasonable. Thanks,bob

Not too bad. That's why I suggested a compression test when it was together, but I'm guessing you don't have a way to do that.
I knew this would be a ball ache of a saw. I bought a second hand crankcase and bottom end and it’s slightly different. The flywheel has a different key, there’s no hole/cover where the ignition coil is and the grommet/hole for the wiring loom on the front handle is smaller.
I fear this is not compatible?

I knew this would be a ball ache of a saw. I bought a second hand crankcase and bottom end and it’s slightly different. The flywheel has a different key, there’s no hole/cover where the ignition coil is and the grommet/hole for the wiring loom on the front handle is smaller.
I fear this is not compatible?
pics of both?

pics of both?
didn’t realise until I started puting the coil in to see if it would fit! I’m assuming the t and tc are different.
wondering if I could put my old crank in the new case?
the blue tissue …forgot to check the oil tank before splitting the old case..it was full!
7E59E6BF-F5DD-4FE4-A507-2F944B171FF4.jpeg

didn’t realise until I started puting the coil in to see if it would fit! I’m assuming the t and tc are different.
wondering if I could put my old crank in the new case?
the blue tissue …forgot to check the oil tank before splitting the old case..it was full!
View attachment 1066470
I think you might be able to. Was that sold as TC on Ebay? Are there 2 flywheel magnets? So the coil and flywheel appear to be different, just try swapping them .

I think you might be able too. Was that sold as TC on Ebay? Are there 2 flywheel magnets?
no, I bought from a local ad . There are two magnets on the flywheel And the key way is much wider. I don’t know, but it looks like I need to swap the crank over(hoping it’s ok) tap a new ground for the coil and bodge up the grommet for the wiring loom?
the coil is from the tc . The new crankcase was bare.

no, I bought from a local ad . There are two magnets on the flywheel And the key way is much wider. I don’t know, but it looks like I need to swap the crank over(hoping it’s ok) tap a new ground for the coil and bodge up the grommet for the wiring loom?
the coil is from the tc . The new crankcase was bare.
Two magnets indicate Mtronic -MS 201TC Just try to swap everything.

Back