MS241 vs 18" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnum783

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am toying very hard with the purchase of a ms241 my question is for those of you that have one is there a 18" b&c combo that this saw will pull with a simple muffler mod. I am really sold on the weight and mtronic of this saw. I am a climber and this would be the next saw after my 192 is out worked. Thanks for your help guys.

Is 18" picco available?

Yup

Bar is Stihl PN 3005 000 4817. 3/8 Picco, .050 X 61 dl.

My dealer does not stock this set up as there is little demand, but can usually get it in 3 to 5 business days depending on where he is in his order cycle. He stocks rolls of 63PS, with the exception of the 50 dl that he buys prepackaged, and makes loops to customer needs.

Take Care

Well does a guy try it or just stick with the safe bet of 16"? I run 14" bars on my 192s so my fear was 16" would not be much of a gain.

I've never run a 241 so i can't make a direct comparison, i just can't imagine a 241 being $200 better.

The 421 has a mag case, its built like a tank, easy to operate, and easy to work on. Its a little heavier than a 241 ( we're talking ounces here) mine has been bulletproof. It was $329 shipped to my door with a free case.

It does have a CAT that needs to be taken out and they really wake up and cut bigger than 42cc.

Im sure the 241 is also a great saw i just don't see what advantage it has being $200 more with basically all the same specs.

I've never run a 241 so i can't make a direct comparison, i just can't imagine a 241 being $200 better.

The 421 has a mag case, its built like a tank, easy to operate, and easy to work on. Its a little heavier than a 241 ( we're talking ounces here) mine has been bulletproof. It was $329 shipped to my door with a free case.

It does have a CAT that needs to be taken out and they really wake up and cut bigger than 42cc.

Im sure the 241 is also a great saw i just don't see what advantage it has being $200 more with basically all the same specs.

241cm weighs as much or almost as much as a 550xp. More exp than a 545 or 550xp. Great Husq Dealers on here that are Site Sponsors.

Great thoughts to think about. My prob is I have a 260 already and not sure I really want two of that size. I am really torn with either the 241 or more pennies and a 362R

Secondary curse I could buy a 562xp for just few dollars more than a 241 but that is quite a large weight jump

I would prefer my 026 as it is close in weight to a 241 but is going to have more power. I can see a 241 for a company or person that just has to have a rear handle pro saw in that weight and for fuel savings. Better save a lot on fue though, as an good, clean 026 is way less $$$ than a new 241.

Latest posts

Back