MS241C Discontinued 2+ years ago?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a photo of the fast cutting 63PS chain that fits the 241C.

If you are having trouble with your dealer finding it....note the part #. It is a 'yellow' labeled chain for pro use. It is not of the low kickback type.

View attachment 719682

Thank you sir. It was the next item on my list.

I know he isn’t anyones friend, but i get my PS chains on eBay from Piltz (kevlargaffs) with shipping included for less than i get it from the dealer.

I don’t care if he thinks its ok to use a 28” bar on a MS 170 his prices are good.
My dealer has always done the buy 2 get 3rd free. When I do that I can get the PM chain for around $13 per loop. Heck I though everyone ran long bars on their 170's.:D

My dealer has always done the buy 2 get 3rd free. When I do that I can get the PM chain for around $13 per loop. Heck I though everyone ran long bars on their 170's.:D

I'll never go to one of my dealers because of something like this. He said it was buy one get one free on chains, so he was charging 60$ per chain. :rolleyes: Tried to sell me RS and tell me it was RM. Then when I called him out on it he said I didnt know how to use a chainsaw right if I couldnt keep RS sharp in dirty wood. I now order 90% of my chains online.

I'll never go to one of my dealers because of something like this. He said it was buy one get one free on chains, so he was charging 60$ per chain. :rolleyes: Tried to sell me RS and tell me it was RM. Then when I called him out on it he said I didnt know how to use a chainsaw right if I couldnt keep RS sharp in dirty wood. I now order 90% of my chains online.
Yes have read the horror stories about sucky dealers . I have a Stihl dealer 3 minutes from my house and about the only way I would go there is if he was giving away free saws. Like @full chizel said, contact the area sales rep or maybe even Stihl HQ.

I purchased a new MS241C after reading the comments above. I have to say after two weekends of cutting I’m absolutely thrilled with the saw. The saw far out performs the MS210 and MS250 that were my go to saws previously. It is extremely responsive and has an amazing amount of torque even in dry ash. I’ve never had a small saw that you could bury the bar in dead ash with a PS chain and it pulls right through. Other than it obviously burns more gas then my 210 and 250 it is outstanding. With only three tanks of fuel so far I’m guessing it may wake up a little more yet.

Thanks to everyone for all the excellent advice above. This was a well advised purchase that looks to be worth every penny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I purchased a new MS241C after reading the comments above. I have to say after two weekends of cutting I’m absolutely thrilled with the saw. The saw far out performs the MS210 and MS250 that were my go to saws previously. It is extremely responsive and has an amazing amount of torque even in dry ash. I’ve never had a small saw that you could bury the bar in dead ash with a PS chain and it pulls right through. Other than it obviously burns more gas then my 210 and 250 it is outstanding. With only three tanks of fuel so far I’m guessing it may wake up a little more yet.

Thanks to everyone for all the excellent advice above. This was a well advised purchase that looks to be worth every penny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well congrats!

Latest posts

Back