Ms260 with 24" bar and chain cutting tree on youtube

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea why he labels it as "abnormal". He's only using about 20" and it could use sharpening.

Kinda hard to see any detail with such a fuzzy picture- cam sux.

Sorry if the video isn't good. It was my iPhone 4S. I have nothing better to use. Plus first time using YouTube.

Chain does need sharpening, before this tree, one of the guys trying the 260 out cut the dirt while racing a ms660.

These guys log trees for lumber or firewood and have been doing this over 20 years. Not sure why the back cut is not ideal. The tree is down, and the bottom is trimmed and loaded on log truck. They had their skidder push the tree in the direction they needed to go.

I'm the guy that video'd my saw cutting.

I labelled it abnormal because its doing it differently than a normal 260 and usually not always good as a pun.

08f150: I think your beer is empty....

A lot of people don't care and do things poorly for a lifetime.

These guys here a a great group If guys just pointing things out so that maybe toy don't dobit poorly for forever.

Ported or stock a 260 sucks in 24" wood.

To race a 066-660 it must be wearing a 32" and be dragging chain through 30"s of wood. 026 660 race is silly at best

Just watched the bid and it looks good. I've seen loggers on YouTube do worse. Only thing I saw was the tractor moving right in the path of the tree.

No ones perfect. That back cut was plenty perfect to do the job

Last edited:
Evan: if its poor, no one is explaining why yet. These trees pay money, it also has to be accepted by the mill. They love their job and love their saws. :)

Sure a stock or ported 260 sucks in 24". There's more than port work here in this saw. 2 AS members have been a great help here :rock:

The ms660 I raced, 4 years old, used 8 hrs everyday for 5 days a week, Original crank, bearings, piston and jug, it's a little tired. It still beat the 260 for sure but wasn't far ahead. Their newer 660 beat the old timer. By a little. ;) All used 24" bars.

Yeah, the skidder looked like it was in the way, but was far away out of the tree's path. The guy wants the tree in that direction but a little too much opposite. So the skidder pushed.

Last edited:
Im a little disappointed i didnt get to see the tree fall :msp_sad:

That was my issue with the back cut. Had it been a little steeper the last 10 seconds of the video would've been more fun.:hmm3grin2orange: I personally don't like to leave a tree on a hinge any longer than I have to. He had it wedged so not a huge deal just my opinion is all. Like i said no disrespect or flaming just an opinion.

Z50guru, Moody: :) I see what's going on here now. Tree didn't go kaboom on the ground in the video. I do have the video of the skidder pushing the tree. Just was taking time and phone uses too much battery power to keep camera going so I stopped, waited for skidder, then played again.

If you guys want the tree falling video from skidder pushing, I'll post and you can see the finale.

OP- I wouldn't worry to much about your video. Most on here that post videos do so from their backyard- not out in the woods were the real action is. At least you were wearing and actually using PPE. I didn't see too much wrong with your video. Now on AS I've seen several backyard videos where the individual holds the log they are cutting with their foot- some with boots.... some with tennis shoes. Two years ago I was cutting with a Echo cs520 (50cc pre-ported), it was wet out, and my wife had just told me to be careful as she walked into the house. I snorted "Do you know how long Ive been running a saw" as I kept cutting. It wasn't five minutes later that I had thrown that saw down and came hobbling thru the front door. I had held a log with my foot and the log slipped on the pile. Saw came across my boot at WOT. Luckily as the log rolled.... my foot turned and the sole of the boot slowed the chain. Foot was immediately wet inside the boot. Took several stitches to repair my big toe. Hurts every time the weather changes. Cost me $1800 out of pocket to sew up (50% reduced bill due to no insurance). Was supposed to stay out of a boot 6 weeks...... if I don't work my family does without.... so I put boot on the left and tennis shoe on the right and went back to work 3 days later. Made it a month and one day while working my foot felt on fire and couldnt stand on it. Took my boot off and it was beet red up to the top of the boot. Went to a Emergency Clinic and they ordered me to go to the ER immediately. 4 hours of IVs saved my foot. That bill was over $3000 out of pocket. Point of the story.... glad you showed us that at least you value your health enough to wear appropriate PPE. Disregard the Nay-Sayers.:rock:

Bryanr2: :jawdrop: dam! That has got to hurt big time! I could never imaging that kind of injury as I've never had that serious....... Yet. (Knock on wood)

Yes, we wear ppe. :rock:

Back