MS261 Available in the USA Already!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the published weights are correct, then congratulations goes out to Stihl for re-inventing the 346 and getting $100 more for it.

How do you figure? To begin with, it employees completely different engine technology, being a strato. Yeah, it's a chainsaw and it's 50cc.:confused: You're going to have to do better than that:greenchainsaw::cheers:

LOL, so only when we are talking about the 346, specs don't mean nothing???:jawdrop:

Minor differences never meant anything, and specs tell you just that much anyway.

Specs are nice to have when better info is not availiable, but tell far from the whole story, and often are inaccurate.....

Minor differences never meant anything, and specs tell you just that much anyway.

Specs are nice to have when better info is not availiable, but tell far from the whole story, and often are inaccurate.....

Wish I had room in my sig for this.:dizzy: Sounds like you are saying the 346 and 261 are close in specs but the 346 is a better saw? I don't get your reasoning.:confused:

The 346 is old news now, both the OE and NE. Accept it or not.:cheers:

Best bit is if I don't like it I can sell it and make more money than it cost me :)

What is this I hear about australians being descendants of robbers, thieves and other criminals? This obviously is not true! :cheers:

Yup, won't beat the resell value of Stihl. A new 261 on fleabay should cause a frenzy.

Oh hell yeah. Just like this peanut selling Chinese 070 copies on Aussie eBay. I was going to report him as the first few he sold were described as "Genuine German Made" however he is now listing them as Chinese. He got $1265 for the last one. I can land one in Oz for under $400 direct from China!

Anyway, back to the 261 :cheers:

What is this I hear about australians being descendants of robbers, thieves and other criminals? This obviously is not true! :cheers:

Hah hah. True about the older generation but the way we're looking we'll be descendants of Afghanistan soon with the amount of refugees getting in.

Funnily enough my heritage goes right back to the convict days. I'm 100% Irish, Scottish, and English. There may have been a spot of German sneak in around 1886 but I'll ignore that for now :)

Even had a great great etc uncle that was a bushranger - not joking either!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Thunderbolt

How do you figure? To begin with, it employees completely different engine technology, being a strato. Yeah, it's a chainsaw and it's 50cc.:confused: You're going to have to do better than that:greenchainsaw::cheers:

i just don't see where this saw advances the performance curve except as it pertains to strato saws. power, weight, and handling is what we crave and most of us don't care how we get it (most people do appreciate the simpler-the-better axiom)...........the amount of fuel saved doesn't mean much to most of us, especially the amount used by a 50cc saw. yeah it might run a little cleaner, but the difference that all of the strato saws in the world doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the big picture......... we will have to see how accurate the weight specs turn out to be, i know what a 346 actually weighs......handling is subjective measure, what feels good for one, is not necessarily what someone else will like. the 346 has an excellent reputation for feeling good in the hands.
i'm not slamming the door on this saw. i always keep an open mind, even when it comes to echos!!! but on paper, it doesn't have anymore appeal than a 346.

Wish I had room in my sig for this.:dizzy: Sounds like you are saying the 346 and 261 are close in specs but the 346 is a better saw? I don't get your reasoning.:confused:

The 346 is old news now, both the OE and NE. Accept it or not.:cheers:

Have you ever heard of handling qualities? :confused:

That always was the strongest point of the 346xp.

It looks like you are the one that care most about specs, and disregard anything else......:greenchainsaw:

It looks like you are the one that care most about specs, and disregard anything else......:greenchainsaw:

Never know Sawtroll, maybe this thing will handle better than a 346XP :cheers: (by the way I've never used a 346XP but my 5100-S handles just fine for me).

actually in most 346 vs. 260 threads i've read, it's the 260 guys saying how nimble a 260 is and the 346 guys saying the 346 is a powerhouse screamer.

actually in most 346 vs. 260 threads i've read, it's the 260 guys saying how nimble a 260 is and the 346 guys saying the 346 is a powerhouse screamer.

Yes, you are correct. The 260 handles the best while the 346 has more power. This 261 should even that out and could surpass it also. It is a win-win for everyone. You are allowed to buy what you prefer, if someone wants to send me a 346, I'll give them my addy.(No Tom, don't want yours, LOL). I've ran some nice 346s but just can't bring myself to invest in one, just like the 7900.

The Husky also handles better, despite the 260 is lighter - it mostly are just 2K that say differently......:greenchainsaw:

The Husky also handles better....

Can you elaborate? Do you have a slalom that you run them thru? How many G's you pullin in the corners? Do you run Z rated tires?

For petes sakes, the heaviest 50cc saw out there, still weighs less than my lunch box????

Get a real saw........HORRAY 044!!! :clap::clap:

Latest posts

Back