MS261 Available in the USA Already!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you elaborate? Do you have a slalom that you run them thru? How many G's you pullin in the corners? Do you run Z rated tires?

For petes sakes, the heaviest 50cc saw out there, still weighs less than my lunch box????

Get a real saw........HORRAY 044!!! :clap::clap:

You must eat a big lunch!!!:jawdrop:

Stihl 261

I have a question,1, does this saw have a fully adjustable carburetor? 2.Does it have a catalytic converter or is it not necessary?3.Will it pull a 20BC in 3/8ths? Ken

I have a question,1, does this saw have a fully adjustable carburetor? 2.Does it have a catalytic converter or is it not necessary?3.Will it pull a 20BC in 3/8ths? Ken

1. yes
2. no cat needed on strato saws
3. probably not, you need 60cc's for that anyway.

1. Yes

2. No, not any listed in the IPL anyway.

A 20" 3/8 b&c? Hard to say without me running one, mine will have a 16" unless I feel it can handle more. From the few vids I've seen, 20" doesn't seem like a problem.

Only partly, as better handling and better trigger response also are parts of the picture - actually the most important parts! :)

Then, there are a few minor details like air filtration and AV.

AV??? It's hard to tell if a 50cc saw is even running....

Is the MS261 here yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im selling my ms 250, wich is a fine saw, but want to upgrade to the 261 :biggrinbounce2:

i went to my Stihl dealer today and he has a 261. i guess my 260 was the last one he had.it looks pretty cool. its got a funky air filter cover thats held on with slotted screws

Back