Ms261 won't rev just dies!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewis16

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Came to me "no spark"
Turns out it was a straight fuel. Saved the cylinder, new meteor piston and caber rings great.

Pressure and vac tested @ 10psi for 10 minutes diagnosing a leaking deconp valve, new valve, fixed tests passed.

Compression tested at 120 psi.

New rubbers and diaphragms in carb, new fuel lines top and bottom. New plug.

New work oiler, clutch drum and needle bearing for what it's worth (crank is good) 8tooth sprocket too.

Ran it into wood and it was fine for about 15 minutes then started to not pick up on the revs from idle without bogging down and stalling, (that's when fuel lines were replaced after this)

Has enough spark to run, I only have a inline tester and when inline the saw will start and run, but won't rev.

Saw will pop on choke and run on half choke until flicked off, then will idle and eventually die, but will not rev unless the trigger is pulsed. Not sure what else to try it's doing my head in, what I thought was a bargain saw is being a total pig.

When it's idling, I spray carb cleaner as best as I can behind the carb and it dies straight away, I'm thinking manifold but can't see any damage on it.

Cannot for the life of me understand why it went from running sweet as a nut, to acting as if it had run out of fuel, then bogs down and then struggles to rev and then bogs and dies ever since.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Some confusion here. You say the saw won't rev unless the trigger is pulsed, does that mean that you can get it to rev up and run at high speed eventually even though it bogs if you just snap the throttle open at idle?

Back