Ms261 won't rev just dies!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some confusion here. You say the saw won't rev unless the trigger is pulsed, does that mean that you can get it to rev up and run at high speed eventually even though it bogs if you just snap the throttle open at idle?
I can't get it to rev high, not up to max rpm. Pulsing the trigger helps but it just dies and splutters and is very intermittent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Don't be mislead by the compression junkies, that saw should run just fine with the compression you have. One thing to check is the nozzle check valve on the main jet (if it has one). These are never included in a carb kit and if they stick open it has a serious effect on acceleration from idle but won't effect how it runs at full throttle if it can get there.

Don't be mislead by the compression junkies, that saw should run just fine with the compression you have. One thing to check is the nozzle check valve on the main jet (if it has one). These are never included in a carb kit and if they stick open it has a serious effect on acceleration from idle but won't effect how it runs at full throttle if it can get there.
He said it was straight gassed!

When I replaced the bits in the carb it came with the two gaskets and diaphragms. I only did the carb kit after it developed the running issue.

Didn't come with any other bits. When I cleaned it I took the screws out and used carb cleaner, took the metering needle out and cleaned that, cleaned the gauze and tried to get it as nice as I could before rebuilding.

When I replaced the bits in the carb it came with the two gaskets and diaphragms. I only did the carb kit after it developed the running issue.

Didn't come with any other bits. When I cleaned it I took the screws out and used carb cleaner, took the metering needle out and cleaned that, cleaned the gauze and tried to get it as nice as I could before rebuilding.

Did you blow the carb out with high air pressure?

Latest posts

Back