MS261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbartruff

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just asking about pricing and use of MS 261 Stihl. Can buy two brand new ones with one 18” bar and chain for 600.00. Or 1 without the bar and chain for 350.00. Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can buy 2 new ones for 600

OK my brain did not compute that, yes buy them immediately, doesn't matter what version they are. The question I would be asking, is this from a dealer or individual? If an individual is selling them I'm guessing their hot. There have been quite a few burglaries at Stihl dealers recently, seems to always happen this time of year. So I would have concerns about buying stolen items, not very ethical.

I’m not familiar with stihl saws. Are these the homeowner saws or pro saws. I think leftover saws trying to get out of inventory

I can’t say positively but I know him and would not think it

He said no and sent a pic of the serial number tag on one of them. Anyway to check

Snatch em up. Sell one for $450 and you’ll have a top of the line pro saw for the price of Harbor Freight.

Buy Them!!!! Make sure he is quoting you the correct price as this is a best deal you are ever going to get....ever! Is your friend a dealer or private? Does he work in the field of chainsaws?

There were two shipping containers from Germany with Stihl products that disappeared from a shipping yard.........

Nobody sells new saws at half price unless they are hot or it’s a scam.

It’s like the ads I see on fb all the time for beautiful classic cars for 5k.

“All original 70 Chevelle SS 454, matching numbers, 5k.” My loss your gain.

Yeah, right......

Nobody sells new saws at half price unless they are hot or it’s a scam.

It’s like the ads I see on fb all the time for beautiful classic cars for 5k.

“All original 70 Chevelle SS 454, matching numbers, 5k.” My loss your gain.

Yeah, right......

I see the same thing in the heavy equipment section of Craigslist all the time. Somebody supposedly selling a $25,000 tractor for $5000 and the picture doesn’t quite match what’s described in the ad.

I’m not sure exactly how the scam works, but I can smell the scam from a mile away.

I see the same thing in the heavy equipment section of Craigslist all the time. Somebody supposedly selling a $25,000 tractor for $5000 and the picture doesn’t quite match what’s described in the ad.

I’m not sure exactly how the scam works, but I can smell the scam from a mile away.

I’m not sure how it works either. Probably has something to do with wiring money in advance.

Latest posts

Back