MS311 and MS362 parts interchangeable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OP, this is quickly going to go the road of so many threads and turn into a pissing match about opinions on saws completely unrelated to your questions and reason for starting the thread, but before it gets too far gone, I just sent you a PM about a possible resource for some very lightly used MS311 parts. Sometimes with those newer models it gets a bit tough to find good used parts resources and/or not get completely screwed on eBay.

I have found the 311/391 saws not too terribly bad to work on. Shy of the difference in case design, they are pretty much just like working on a 362 or 261 in terms of how they go together and any difficulty involved.

Good luck!

Mr. Troll has never been fond of German made saws (other than his great 361)

And he seems to look down on 'Merican made ones too.

You just need to take everything here with a grain of salt.

Learn to read between the lines, remember there are many here with agendas.

Well....without a doubt the 029/290 is. Whether it meets YOUR specs is in question for but the millions of owners who have owned one and many BTU's of firewood they have produced...it is a legendary product.

Hook baited, line on drag, pole on stand....beer in hand.

Sure, so legendary that they never were offered for sale here.....:laugh::laugh::givebeer:

Last edited:
Mr. Troll has never been fond of German made saws (other than his great 361)

And he seems to look down on 'Merican made ones too.

You just need to take everything here with a grain of salt.

Learn to read between the lines, remember there are many here with agendas.

I have nothing against "German made" or "US made" by itself.

As a follow up: after taking to a guy that sells stihl New/used parts, I've decided the clutch and sprocket kit are compatible. I will test the brake and clutch when I get the b/c back on the one saw to make sure.

Back