ms360 pro; what do u think?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VernonFirewood

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was looking around today and found something i was interested in. I had been looking to get a new husky 353 or 359, but i came across a 95 stihl ms 360 pro for $200 and it seems like a good deal. what do y'all think?

Sounds like a good deal....

That sounds like a really good deal. I would check the compression and see if it runs. It should be comparable in cutting power to the 359.

It should be an 036

Since you said it was a 1995, it should therefore be an 036 and not a 360. This isn't a problem, except that I am a little leary of someone advertising a 17 year old saw that didn't exist yet. I have a 036 PRO that I love more that anything else due to the weight... Good luck, but be a skeptic.

Jason

Picked up the ms360/036 pro today

I went over there today and ran it. IT got up and ran well and it sounded like it had good compresion, but it had a little trouble cutting off when idling, and the chain brake doesn't work. I went ahead and bought it. I took it straight to the stihl and husky dealer that does all my work and told him to clean the carberator, and get it idling again. So i am hoping it is going to be running full go soon, with hopefully not to much more cost to me.

P.S. I am going to try and get some pics of it on here soon so i can figure out whether it is a 036 or ms360. But from pictures of other saws that i have seen it looks more like a ms360.

Welcome to the chainsaw addiction

Enjoy the saw, when you need advice about it or any of your other saws, head down the front page of this site to the chainsaw forum, lot's of information there. Again, good luck with the saw.

Jason

I have an 034 which is the little brother to the 036. Damn good saw. I saw a 036 Pro sell at a farm and ranch store in Emporia Kansas for 250$ 2 weeks ago. Only reason I didnt buy it was I was saving for my B.M.F, my new 441 Mag. I would get that chain brake fixed, it only takes 1 time needing it, and you will wish forever it worked. Good luck with your new saw!

Back