Ms361...Amazing!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside53 said:
you just the need the cover...

The whole muffler is the same as my OE one...? I'm still a bit 'fused as I've not seen or held one in order to make the "aaaah, now I seeee!" distinction. Lookng at the IPL still has me scratching. I'll get just the cover on the way, and as I tweak around with it, perhaps it'll all make sense. Sometimes I don't do so well with the abstract. Thanks again for the info.

yup, the cover is all you need. You can open up the baffle in your muffler yourself. The cover will fit any muffler housing (except catalytic) for an 044/046/440/460. Good call. There I go, getting a little off subject for the thread.

361Kid, are you planning any mods to your saw? Or have you already done them? Those little saws sure wake up when you open the muffler.

Tek9tim, I would love to do some mods...but I have no idea how to go about doing so:confused: Any suggestions???

361kid said:
Tek9tim, I would love to do some mods...but I have no idea how to go about doing so:confused: Any suggestions???

Do a search for "muffler mod" to get the basics. Then do a search for "361 muffler mod" to get some specific pics. I started a thread and posted some pics of the mod I just did on my muffler.

Jeff

musher said:
I find my 361 with the 20" ES bar is ever so slightly nose-heavy when held at the handlebar, but not enough to really matter. I'd guess the saw with a 20" E will balance out pretty well.
Yes, I agree.
My 361W balances just about perfect with an .063 18" E.:D

I think it would have been pretty good with a 20" E as well, but 20" bars are only availiable as ES here.

Last edited:
Back