Ms361...Amazing!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fishhuntcutwood said:
Did you get the full wrap, or the factory style 3/4 wrap?

Full, I believe.

I just got what Madsen's lists on the web site, and they don't list the 3/4 wrap, so I didn't know about it.

In fact, it wasn't until I found your post from 8/2005, when doing a search for other stuff. That was after I placed my order.

That feller does write a mights nice, tant no fussin bout all that. Here in Virginia we rights a tad different:laugh: :laugh: Its all yaking no matters how ya spells it or says , now aint that da truth,haha

Did anyone else notice that the new 361's come with a special edition bar. It says Stihl Timbersports 20th anniversary on it. If someone tells me how to post pics I will. I just got a new digital camera but have no idea how to get the pictures from the camera to the internet:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated:D

hydro2 said:
You are certainly welcome. I am a teacher and it thrills me to see someone younger actually care about how they write. :)
I'm not a teacher, but finding a 17 y/o that cares about how they write, willing to work, and seems to have manners on top of it, my hats off to him in this day and age.

361 wrap handle bar

fishhuntcutwood said:
I had the full wrap for a while, and then I pestered Madsen's enough to have them pester USA handlebars, and they made the 3/4 wrap. They're not listing them yet, but if you want one, they'll order it for you.

So, what made you want the 3/4 instead of the full-wrap?

My sentiments exactly!

I am late to this thread and after reading the post I thought the exact same thing... smooth reading! We thank you for spending the time to do it right.
My first new saw was a Husky 55 Rancher, then a MS361 which has been opened up and am now dealing for an older 084! I am only 5'7" and weigh 170# but am in the construction industry so am relatively fit but we will see what a MONSTER saw feels like! You said it right Kid... it is contagious.

Thanks guys:) Guess what I plan on asking for my 18th birthday...that's right you guessed it, a 660...and a .300 mag but that's a different story:D

rupedoggy said:
RB in VA, You aren't going to jump on school teacher for "grammar" are you? (Babcock corrected me on this awhile back). Mike
I am really going to have to watch how I write now. :) This will feel a little like not cussing at school, which I have never done. My wife can't believe it, but it is true. I have been teaching 13 years and never a slip. You guys will catch some spelling and grammer mistakes and that I am sure of.

361kid said:
Did anyone else notice that the new 361's come with a special edition bar. It says Stihl Timbersports 20th anniversary on it.
I have read that those bars are also sold seperately, at a premium price.
They are reported to be the same as the standard bars, except for the paint.

I haven't seen the newer models (with the 'special edition' bar), but I'm assuming its a 20" Ematic, as 'recommended' on the StihlUSA web site.

I find my 361 with the 20" ES bar is ever so slightly nose-heavy when held at the handlebar, but not enough to really matter. I'd guess the saw with a 20" E will balance out pretty well.

rupedoggy said:
RB in VA, You aren't going to jump on school teacher for "grammar" are you? (Babcock corrected me on this awhile back). Mike

Yup.

hydro2 said:
I am really going to have to watch how I write now. :) This will feel a little like not cussing at school, which I have never done. My wife can't believe it, but it is true. I have been teaching 13 years and never a slip. You guys will catch some spelling and grammer mistakes and that I am sure of.

It's not a big deal really. I was just going to rib you about complimenting 361kid on his "grammer" while stating that you are a teacher. BTW, you did it again!:D

me too...

I, too, appreciate reading posts in which the author displays a good command of the English language. I have learned my lesson with regard to correcting one's errors, but I can't help but shake my head when I read a poorly-written post. I have no concept of Japanese, I don't post on Japanese sites. Nowegian, German, Italian - nope, just English. I have always felt that if one chooses to communicate in a written medium, they should display some mastery over it. And yes, it's very, very hard to take someone's technical expertise seriously when they prove that they're still stuck at 3rd grade language level. I can appreciate posts written in conversational English, no need for formal or corporate English, but DANG there are some real "WTF did he just say!!??" posts all over the 'net!

So, kid, thank your teachers, and congratulations for paying attention!

...and OH! I just sold my Suzuki Samurai today, so my MS460 warchest is complete! I'm heading to the dealer Saturday to get the 460 with a 25" bar, a spare chain, a 32" bar and 2 chains for it, case, and if I have any cash left, order my dual-port muffler (or cover, jury's still out).

SawTroll said:
I have read that those bars are also sold separately, at a premium price.
They are reported to be the same as the standard bars, except for the paint.

The only reason they are sold at a premium is because a dealer thinks he can get it from the uninformed. They are the exact same price from Stihl! Stihl doesn't list the bar separately, but ships them with the 361. Yes, they are definitely the same "E" bar with a different paint overlay.

bump_r said:
I'm heading to the dealer Saturday to get the 460 with a 25" bar, a spare chain, a 32" bar and 2 chains for it, case, and if I have any cash left, order my dual-port muffler (or cover, jury's still out).

you just the need the cover...

Latest posts

Back