Ms361...Amazing!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skwerl said:
Welcome to the site. I especially like the part where you claim the 361 "has all the power I'll ever need". LMAO! That's a crock! You can never have enough power! You'll be ordering a modified 460 by next summer, I'll bet $5 on it.
:laugh:

$10 says he'll skip the 460 and go to a 660! I would have at 18 :)

I hate to say it...but you're probably right skwerl:D After watching my neighbor use his 046, I must say that 460 is looking pretty darn good. Of course after that I'll have to fill that gap with the 660 and so on and so on. Dangit, I told myself I would not want another saw for at least a year:bang: You guy's are a bad influence on me!!!:D

Hi 361! I have a new MS361 myself with a 20" bar. I have not had a chance to use it as much as I would like but when I did use it I was very impressed with the saw's power and smoothness. I have a MS260 and a 044 to compliment this saw in my collection. I think the 361 is a great saw also! A young man your age should be doing something alot more fun with your time than talking to us over the hill types about chainsaws. You old guys know what I am talking about! Good luck with your saw!!

Good point Sax but just think, he probly has a pruty girlfriend already and now he can have her tote the firewood he'll be cutting with that MS361. My old lady wouldn't tote no wood but I still have all my Stihls:laugh:

361kid said:
Thanks for the compliment hydro2:) Looks like 12 years of school paid off after all;)
You are certainly welcome. I am a teacher and it thrills me to see someone younger actually care about how they write. :)

hydro2 said:
You are certainly welcome. I am a teacher and it thrills me to see someone younger actually care about how they write. :)
Isn't it the truth. I usually get cussed out if I ask someone to translate his incoherent scribblings into something legible. Then 3 others jump on me and remind me this isn't English class. As far as I'm concerend, a person's ability to communicate is directly related to his level of intelligence.
:rolleyes:

SK how dare ya. If what your saying is true whatcha gotta say about our beloved GWB:laugh: :laugh:

skwerl said:
Isn't it the truth. I usually get cussed out if I ask someone to translate his incoherent scribblings into something legible. Then 3 others jump on me and remind me this isn't English class. As far as I'm concerend, a person's ability to communicate is directly related to his level of intelligence.
:rolleyes:
I just find it cool that somone younger cares and that a public school did it's job in teaching proper grammer and writing skills. I am not knocking public schools, I teach at one.

hydro2 said:
Great grammer for a kid. Don't take offence at me calling you a kid. I truly am impressed and mean it as a compliment. Pretty cool when a 17 year old can write this well. :)

He PM'd me the other day, and I was reading it thinking the same thing.

By the way 361kid, there's a 660 for sale in the used eqip forum, only used once....

Jeff

for sure the 361 has all the power I will ever need. Here's some pics of me and my son, holding tight to our 361.

This saw really rocks...:blob2:

Last edited:
361kid said:
Thanks for your help guys. Jeff, is that a 460 and 660 that I see in the background;) sheesh, your 361 barely resembles a 361 anymore...I like it:D

Welcome to the 361 club, and to the AS!
Just be sure that you don't put on the add-ons that Jeff has on his 361, unless you really need them!

Full (3/4 really) wraps and big dawgs and are for large timber in difficult terrain. Mostly a US West coast thing.
For most users they will only be in the way.....:taped: :laugh:

Stay away from long bars and skip chain also, unless it is really needed.

SawTroll said:
Welcome to the 361 club, and to the AS!
Just be sure that you don't put on the add-ons that Jeff has on his 361, unless you really need them!

Full (3/4 really) wraps and big dawgs and are for large timber in difficult terrain. Mostly a US West coast thing.
For most users they will only be in the way.....:taped: :laugh:

Stay away from long bars and skip chain also, unless it is really needed.

I'll give ya that. My 361 stopped being a firewood saw long ago.

Jeff

hydro2 said:
I just find it cool that somone younger cares and that a public school did it's job in teaching proper grammer and writing skills. I am not knocking public schools, I teach at one.

Do you teach English?

Great to see all the replies. My current english teacher is probably one of the best I've ever had. She teaches us at a college level and really challenges us in order to prepare us for college. Teacher's are the greatest, if I wasn't into flying, teaching would be my next choice. Jeff why did you have to tell me about that 660...now I have to beg and plead my reason for needing:D a bigger saw. By the way, how is the 660? My impression is that a 91cc saw speaks for itself. Thanks for the compliments guys...I'm flattered;)

Oh, and that girlfriend hauling wood...Ha!...that's funny:laugh: She's lucky to pick up a twig when I'm out there cutting. But she does start fires so there's a start:D

fishhuntcutwood said:
You've got a wrap on your 361? Well good for you. Rich Hoffman ordered one for his as well.

The madness is spreading!!

Jeff

Well, it isn't exactly on my 361 yet. In fact, its currently somewhere between Centralia and here right now (i.e. they shipped it Friday). But it will be by week's end!!

Back