Ms361 dies with light throttle, but idles/high throttles great

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4lane

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a MS361 that was having issues dying when on the throttle. I replaced the carb with a Tillotson and adjusted it per these great instructions: https://store.chainsawr.com/blogs/t...djustment-and-tuning-of-a-chainsaw-carburetor

It idles great, runs great at full throttle, but if you feather the throttle it will die. Sounds like it just starves for gas unless you grab a lot of throttle. But it idles perfect. I’ve replaced the impulse line, fuel line, fuel filter, checked carbon screen. Any recs on what would lead to this?

If the above adjustments dont fix it, sometimes there is a small drilling just after the throttle butterfly that offers fuel just past idle, but before wide open throttle main jet operation.
Some speaker wire, threads un stranded, can help in clearing that small drilling, along with air, swearing, and brake kleen, carby clean etc etc etc

T

I was able to adjust the carb some more and get it runnning like a top. Clean revs from idle. Idles well, and I kept the H valve on the rich side of neutral per the link I posted. Ran well all morning cutting 35” logs and limbing some new falls. Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back