MS361 idle problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl has an inductive tach like the one you're talking about, not sure of the number. Do a search here for "tach" and among the plethra of posts that appear, you will find the info you want. It's definately on my list of things to have.

Ian

boilerhouse47 said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have taken my saw to a different dealer and he spent some time with me showing how to adjust my saw. Showed me a few tricks to tell if the saw was running to rich at idle. It was well worth the 30 mile trip to visit with this man. He said the low speed jet was set way on the lean side. Used the saw the other day, big difference! He had this handy dandy little tach that he just placed on the spark plug wire to check his adjustments. Does anyone know if this is a Stilh product or aftermarket, It was about the size of a Zippo lighter?
Thanks for your replies.
Carl
Glad to hear that your saw is running better.
Mine too I started using higher octane gas and the saw went up in Idle speed right away, So I had to readjust the carb settings.
Last weekend I modded the muffler on it and you talk about a new saw I like the way it handles in bigger wood.

Latest posts

Back