MS361 vs. 346XP NE - can 50 ccs match 60 ccs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 346xp (both old and new addition) a ms361 and a dolmar 5100. All stockers. Dead ash 18” bar is no problem for any of these saws. Best of the lot for bucking is the dolmar 5100. The screamin’ demon is an impressive saw. Mine is almost as powerful as the ms361 for almost ½ the cost. Great saw. Everyone who runs it loves it. The husky 346xp is a great limbing saw. Light and agile, it is a joy to use. The ms316…eh, when it runs, it cuts wood. Bulky and awkward, it cuts just like a stihl. Nothing special. As far as I know, if you are going new, your only choice is the 346xp.

If you are going to be running a 20” bar or greater, get a new ms440 while you can. Not enough difference in weigh and bulk between the ms361 and ms440 to fuss over. I often run both, side by side, and will mistakenly pick up one assuming it is the other. You will never know the difference until you hit the wood. No replacement for displacement.

The bulk difference is huge dude why would you say that?

Back