MS362 captive bar cover studs on MS441 and oem dual felling spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemoore98

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Gentlemen(and ladies),

Local dealer no help on this..

I am the proud new owner of a new MS441. I purchased a new MS362 cover with the captive bar nuts and now need a part number for the OEM longer studs?

Also I would like a part number for the longer rubber piece that deflects chips on the bar cover, like the one that comes with the wrap handle model?

Last but not least I would like to put dual felling spikes/dawgs on the ms441 and want a modest sized oem dual spike setup. What are the part numbers for dual oem spikes/felling dogs and hardware that will fit this saw? I've seen what's on eBay etc and don't wanna take up a ton of bar space or have an impaling hazard.

Thanks

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent do you have the corresponding part numbers page? For instance I want part 17 but what's the part number?

Thanks

Defended from the heavens, God bless you sir

On the roller chain does that come as a kit or do I need additional parts?

Do I have to order that inner spike or will it match my oem and all I need is the outer?

The chain catcher is a kit. You'll need both spikes for that size. There is am outer that matches your stock inner spike, but they're pretty small. The OEM wrap dial dual dawgs are not excessively large like so many ridiculous AM dawgs are.

Perfect, I'll get them ordered as you suggested. Brilliant minds think alike.

Last part number I need and I'll leave alone. What's the part number for the longer studs I need for the captive bar but cover I'm gonna run on that ms441?

I owe ya a couple now brother thanks

Jason

And the 441.
Perfect, I'll get them ordered as you suggested. Brilliant minds think alike.

Last part number I need and I'll leave alone. What's the part number for the longer studs I need for the captive bar but cover I'm gonna run on that ms441?

I owe ya a couple now brother thanks

Jason

The part number for the longer bar stud is 0000 664 2405. The ms362 and the ms441 share the same regular length stud, #1138 664 2400.

All parts ordered, fantastic work on the part numbers. My dealer was impressed even though he sighed a few times when I said "there is more".

Jason

Gentlemen(and ladies),

Local dealer no help on this..

I am the proud new owner of a new MS441. I purchased a new MS362 cover with the captive bar nuts and now need a part number for the OEM longer studs?

Also I would like a part number for the longer rubber piece that deflects chips on the bar cover, like the one that comes with the wrap handle model?

Last but not least I would like to put dual felling spikes/dawgs on the ms441 and want a modest sized oem dual spike setup. What are the part numbers for dual oem spikes/felling dogs and hardware that will fit this saw? I've seen what's on eBay etc and don't wanna take up a ton of bar space or have an impaling hazard.

Thanks

Jason

Hey glad you got you a good saw.... I am sure you will get many years of service out of this saw..... What size bar are you goin to run on her???

20" sugihara to break her in, then I will decide on a 25" vs 28" bar/chain as a compliment to the 20" I already have.

Jason

That's funny you say that, I was actually just thinking about a 20" sugi hara.... Have you had the bar awhil, if so do you like it ????

I run a few different sugihara bars on other saws and they are very nice. Maybe it is me but I think my chains stretch less. Or maybe it's the ninja aspect of having Japanese steel on my saws. Nonetheless they are above average bars.

What's he in business for if it's not to makes sales:dumb2:
Brad, I ran into this same problem with part sales last week. I ordered two 404 bar tips for an MS880 bar and the dealer obtained 3/8" pitch tips instead. Then he acted like it was my fault and balked at ordering the correct tips. I literally had to twist his arm and throw in another buck to get the order placed.

Brad, I ran into this same problem with part sales last week. I ordered two 404 bar tips for an MS880 bar and the dealer obtained 3/8" pitch tips instead. Then he acted like it was my fault and balked at ordering the correct tips. I literally had to twist his arm and throw in another buck to get the order placed.
How did he get the original part numbers?

The way I see it we are all passionate about chainsaws. And the "average" counter jockey has himself a job selling parts and not a passion. Please note I said average and that is not to say all I know there are some excellent stihl service folks out there.

I always make it a point to walk in there knowing the parts I need ahead of time. That way I'm not rushed. Especially when I'm working on something like this bar cover conversion that my dealer doesn't exactly understand.

Jason

Back