MS362 captive bar cover studs on MS441 and oem dual felling spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
86af1b1d411759466a55850f1d9ee5d7.jpg

And "they" said it couldn't be done....

(My wife said it couldn't be done, you guys believe in me and that's why we are pals)

Thanks again to all

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate everyone that helped me through this thread and my ill fitting parts is no ones fault. As soon as I got her figured out (and between all the great brains around here I knew we would) I just wanted to post up the info to help others and use the thread as a resource in the future for those forum member that utilize the search button.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just joshing a bit, it is always risky when trying to do modifications, that is why the dealers are never thrilled to go
into that territory.
You may sell those bar studs yet, this thread appeared at the top when I "Binged" {0000 664 2405}

Let's put this all together for the next guy that comes along looking to put a captive nut clutch cover on his MS441/MS441C. @Firemoore98 please verify the PN for the clutch cover you bought.

Standard width clutch cover - 1141 640 1700
Wide clutch cover - 1138 648 0400 (As comes on the wrap model)
Bar Nuts - 2x 0000 664 2406
Standard chip deflector - 1135 656 1510
Long chip deflector - 1138 656 1500
Inner spike - 1122 664 0506
Outer spike - 1122 664 0509
M5 bolt x 2 - 9008 319 0960
M5 lock nut x 2 - 9214 320 0700
Roller chain catcher - 1122 650 7701

Why won't this work on a 461?

I tell ya if you or anyone else finds out how to make this work in the 461 let me know....be nice if they just sold the clutch cover and you didn't have to change bar studs!!!

I guess I should have said, I may consider putting a captive nut clutch cover on my 461.....however I won't change my bar studs to make it work.....I rarely take a bar off in the field, I just switch saws....

Simple yes, it is a simple switch.... And the cover looks really nice to me.....I guess it's not a "need" for me right now....I probably don't cut as much as most of you guys here!!!

I wonder why they don't make these captive clutch covers on all of the new saws????

I completely u der stand the stress of running a profitable shop and I know the money is not in a guy ordering $47 worth of parts that took 45 minutes to ring up. That's why I always try to show up to the dealer organized with part numbers in hand. That way I'm not taking up more of their time than necessary.

Jason

I do the same thing, but you shouldn't really need to.

Simple yes, it is a simple switch.... And the cover looks really nice to me.....I guess it's not a "need" for me right now....I probably don't cut as much as most of you guys here!!!

I wonder why they don't make these captive clutch covers on all of the new saws????

I wonder more why they make them at all, and why anyone would want them - but people are of course different....:lol:

To me it just mean another kind of spare bar nuts to carry with you, as they aren't always as captive as they are supposed to be.

Back