MS362 captive bar cover studs on MS441 and oem dual felling spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the 441.

The part number for the longer bar stud is 0000 664 2405. The ms362 and the ms441 share the same regular length stud, #1138 664 2400.
As I said a little while ago, the 0000 664 2405 is with the lower crankcase, so the lower crankcase must be the one they use in that application, which is no help in your case.

I'm deep into this now and my saw is out of service till I get his figured out. Please keep the suggestions coming.

I'm in a jam now that I removed and destroyed my factory studs and already purchased the captive bar but cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or drop by an older Auto parts store with your saw, and ask to see their selection of manifold studs.
You would likely have to fashion some bushings, but it would get you cutting.

Hey man I can't help you as far as part numbers, and the dealer situation you have is pitiful.... Just for now could you buy bar studs that came on the saw and use the clutch cover that came on the saw.... I would absolutely die before I tried to "make" something work on my new ms461....I know this would defeat the purpose of the captive nut clutch cover you got, but it would buy time until you can figure out which studs you need.....just trying to help....

Plus if you go messing with the saw, and something were to go wrong with it they will not warranty it!!!!

Thanks for all the thoughts

I could buy oem ms441 studs be here in 2 days, but I already bought the captive bar but cover and that was factored into my decision. In my mind a next gen high dollar saw should have captive bar nuts, yes I've lost my bar nuts in the woods without a spare... Carry a spare now, but that's not what I want to do.

Please keep the part number suggestions coming fellas

Thanks to all those who have chimed in this far

Jason

My guess is you need studs off a model that has captive nuts. Its the unthreaded section in the middle of the stud that is different between the two styles. Why not take your powerhead & clutch cover to dealer and see what fits. Good luck it will be worth it when you get it done.

My guess is you need studs off a model that has captive nuts. Its the unthreaded section in the middle of the stud that is different between the two styles. Why not take your powerhead & clutch cover to dealer and see what fits. Good luck it will be worth it when you get it done.

I'm gonna do just that, head to the dealer with everything and see what we can match up. They weren't really excited about this project, but if and when I get the correct bar stud I'll post it up on this thread as a resource to others interested.

I'll check that number Brad, it's only pulling up UK parts diagrams and no good pics on a quick Google search.

Thanks

Jason

Thanks for working on that I really appreciate it brother. Us Buckeyes gotta stick together

I owe ya one

Jason

I think you need PN 0000 664 2406.

Went to the dealer today with my saw
In hand. He had an MS 362 on the shelf but would not let me take the bar cover off to look at the bar studs… Mind you I just placed a $350 parts order with this dealership last week. Spare air filters cant hook chains etc. anyway he did find the Brad part number is one of the studs that came on the MS 362. Got them ordered up and they should be here tomorrow. I will keep this thread posted so anyone else interested in some more modification will have the proper part number.

Big thanks to all those that offered up suggestions

Jason

I'm pretty sure his is what I had on my saw.

3a8beb266edfc032ca24fa3bf0fa1e37.jpg

I need the longer m8 studs to fit the captive bar but cover I purchased.

Please help. My new saw is hungry and wants to eat wood.

Thanks

Jason

If the stihl parts you have ordered don't fit just call baileys and have them pull one and measure. They have been helpful for me in past.
But hopefully a moot point and your current order fits.

I think you need PN 0000 664 2406.

Winner winner chicken dinner, Brad nailed it. This is the correct part number for the ms441 captive bar but cover stud conversion.

All oem stihl parts including dual (modest sized) dawgs too.

Thanks for all the help fellas

Jason

Back