MS362 captive bar cover studs on MS441 and oem dual felling spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loosing a nut especially in the woods is one the most anguishing things a man can endure...

Having said that I'm a believer in captive bar nuts and wouldn't buy a modern saw with the ability of adding this feature.

What are the perceived downsides to a captive bar nut? Is it just change that's hard to comprehend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations in success! Long after the hassle of finding part numbers & dealing with parts guys that stare into the a bliss, you will have a unique saw that has factory parts. Captive nuts are great and make life a lot easier when swapping chains in the field. Best of all the collective membership has the correct info & part no's to do what you have done without the stress and gamble of getting things right. Well done!

@blsnelling, I'm upgrading my 362-CM with a full-wrap bar and the large side-cover but also want to convert the cover to captive bar nuts. Do you know the Stihl part number for replacement captive bar nuts? I suppose I could rob them from the stock side-cover but drilling the the flare out of the back will ruin them, right? What's my best move to achieve this?

@blsnelling, I'm upgrading my 362-CM with a full-wrap bar and the large side-cover but also want to convert the cover to captive bar nuts. Do you know the Stihl part number for replacement captive bar nuts? I suppose I could rob them from the stock side-cover but drilling the the flare out of the back will ruin them, right? What's my best move to achieve this?
Check your inbox.

Latest posts

Back