Ms362 confusion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m in the market for a ms 362 so I’ve been doing some lookin around. My dealer closes to me has a couple ms362c and me 362c-m. The salesman isn’t the smartest so I just figured I would do some research online. My question is does the 362c have a adjustable carb or is it m tronic? I thought only the cm was m tronic but now I’m not sure. For some reason I can’t find a answer to this question anywhere.
Thanks

The MS 362 cm had Version 1 with flat clutch cover (mine) and Version 2 with the scalloped clutch cover and is bit lighter. I run a Total / Tsumara Light bar.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I’m in the market for a ms 362 so I’ve been doing some lookin around. My dealer closes to me has a couple ms362c and me 362c-m. The salesman isn’t the smartest so I just figured I would do some research online. My question is does the 362c have a adjustable carb or is it m tronic? I thought only the cm was m tronic but now I’m not sure. For some reason I can’t find a answer to this question anywhere.
Thanks
I thought the c signified customized in some fashion, whether it be m-tronic, wrap handle, easy start, some other option. Each option had a code that followed the c. For example, the cm would be m-tronic.

I could be way wrong, thought that's what I read on their site.

Most 362C models are M-tronic. MS362-CM saws are definitely M-tronic. Likely they are just early and later model number saws. Some 362s are tuneable, but I do not believe that they sold any of those in the US. The C after any Stihl saw may mean any number of features. E-Z start, M-tronic, dial adjust bar, etc. Some C engines are different, like the 180c which has 4 ports, and the 180 has 2 ports.

Most 362C models are M-tronic. MS362-CM saws are definitely M-tronic. Likely they are just early and later model number saws. Some 362s are tuneable, but I do not believe that they sold any of those in the US. The C after any Stihl saw may mean any number of features. E-Z start, M-tronic, dial adjust bar, etc. Some C engines are different, like the 180c which has 4 ports, and the 180 has 2 ports.

thumbnail_IMG_0290.jpg

362 v 2 with adjustable carb, bought about 2 years ago.

View attachment 872024

362 v 2 with adjustable carb, bought about 2 years ago.
Interesting. I have never seen a non-Mtronic 362 here. The carb option seems to be a more recent release in the US. My local Stihl dealer did not list them up to last year here, but he now does. Also they are $20 more expensive than the Mtronic models on the western regional distributor price list. Which seems odd. Less is more...

Latest posts

Back