MS440 coming back???? 441 going away...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novaman64

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Stopped in at a new to me saw shop to pick up a part since I was in the beighborhood and none of the other 4 places I called (including Baileys) had what I needed.

Anyways, they had a MS441 sitting on the wall with a 32" bar on it (seemed excessive) picked it up. Seemed super heavy, was tlaking to the counter guy abotu how they were selling. And he mentioned not at all. I told him I had a 440 that I threw a 460 jug on and am in love wiht the saw.. Said its a bummer they stopped making the 440. He then told me that Stihl was planning on bringing the MS440 back since the 441's werent selling. I asked about the EPA crap, and he said they have enough CARB/EPA friendly saws that their emissions overall as a comany can allow them to bring back the 440 without having to deal with emissions...

Anybody know if theres any truth to this? I find it hard to believe, but would be sort of excited if it were true!

Need This Like a Headache

Already got a nice lineup of saws but since it is coming back, I figure I better pick one up while I can. Besides, the old 036 is getting tired and I need to get another all around saw. Much prefer the 044 to a 361 or 362, since it weighs about the same as the 362 and has a full horse more power. Gotta love the specs on the 044.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Latest posts

Back