MS440 or MS441 - You Decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porting your own saw is where it's at IMHO. Sure they're guys out there that can make some insane fast saws, but doing it yourself is rewarding. However as I know from experience, if you don't know exactly what your doing, things can sound great, but actually run slower.:cheers:

Porting your own saw is where it's at IMHO. Sure they're guys out there that can make some insane fast saws, but doing it yourself is rewarding. However as I know from experience, if you don't know exactly what your doing, things can sound great, but actually run slower.:cheers:

Yep. Lots of cylinders have been sacrificed to the Dremel Gods....and the Horse Hoof Rasp Gods. :laugh:

Out of curiosity, I filled both saws with fuel and oil (didn't want to drain them) and threw them on the scales. Admittedly, It's not really a fair comparison. The 440 is wearing a 3/4 wrap and large dual dawgs.

1104271600_fanUp-M.jpg

1104271700_MBUnR-M.jpg

Yup, only 6 oz difference. I don't know how much the wrap and dawgs weigh, but it's still interesting. Dual dawgs will be on the 441 Monday.

I think it's "weight" is more of a misconception than reality. Just like a loud muffler automatically makes a saw faster, the bulbous shape of the 441 makes it heavy. Take a look at these next pics. The 441 just has a much "larger" presence due to the bulbous engine and air covers. I admittedly believe it's affecting my perception of the size and weight of the 441. The scales tell the story though.

1104271818_voD3e-M.jpg

1104271930_RZ4hE-M.jpg

1104271493_rgpK4-M.jpg

Its crazy how fuel and oil bring up the weight of the saw. How much more weight does the bar and chain add?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back