MS440 or MS441 - You Decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like new stuff but I could care less for the spring AV. One of the big reasons I sold the 441. Just felt like I could control the 044 much better. I hope the 261 doesn't have that feeling...

I actually got to liking the spring better, but not for awhile. Took some getting used to. At first it felt really loose, but it's noticably smoother in the cut. Now with my 361, I don't even notice that once sloppy feeling. I guess it was just where it was so different from what I was used to. I have only ran a 441 a few times, but I love those saws and will hopefully own one one day.

I like new stuff but I could care less for the spring AV. One of the big reasons I sold the 441. Just felt like I could control the 044 much better. I hope the 261 doesn't have that feeling...

I really couldn't answer that. I honestly pay no attention to AV when I'm running a saw. I don't know why, but I just don't notice. It's probably that I'm just so preoccupied with engine performance and tuning, that I don't notice much else.

I really couldn't answer that. I honestly pay no attention to AV when I'm running a saw. I don't know why, but I just don't notice. It's probably that I'm just so preoccupied with engine performance and tuning, that I don't notice much else.

Ya know, I never do either. But when I pay attention I can notice the 361 feeling smoother. The way people claim some Stihls vibrate like freakin jackhammers puzzles me though. It's never bothered me before. I guess just some people notice things like that more than others.

I actually got to liking the spring better, but not for awhile. Took some getting used to. At first it felt really loose, but it's noticably smoother in the cut. Now with my 361, I don't even notice that once sloppy feeling. I guess it was just where it was so different from what I was used to. I have only ran a 441 a few times, but I love those saws and will hopefully own one one day.

I don't notice the 441 to feel sloppy, but I suspect it may be partially responsible for my 440 feeling so much "meaner" in the wood. I need more time behind the pair to see how much is actual performance difference or simply smoother operation.

I don't notice the 441 to feel sloppy, but I suspect it may be partially responsible for my 440 feeling so much "meaner" in the wood. I need more time behind the pair to see how much is actual performance difference or simply smoother operation.

I don't know if I'm even explaining it right really. It's just that I can hold it in my hands (361) and just barely shake it and it flops around like. Real loose. I know when my others saws feel like that it's time for new bushings. Thats the part it took me so long to get used to. Well I won't say too long. I really did'nt notice it after a few weeks. It does make my others feel tighter though.

The first thing I notice is how something feels, I don't care what it is, to me feel is just about everything. Oddly German engineering is usually #1 , but not necessarily so with chainsaws IMHO. The 441 is smooth, the 440/460/660 all feel like like a jackhammer to me. OK maybe not that bad but close.:biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
Personally, I don't care who designed the technology. But several things just screamed Husky at me when I first dug into the 261. I just laughed. Who really cares. Good technology is good technology, and a good saw is a good saw. It still cracks me up though that the #1 world wide has to play follow the leader in technology. The one feature I haven't seen before and love on the 261 is the air filter. The filter itself and the way it fastens are awesome.

Agreed.

The first thing I notice is how something feels, I don't care what it is, to me feel is just about everything. Oddly German engineering is usually #1 , but not necessarily so with chainsaws IMHO. The 441 is smooth, the 440/460/660 all feel like like a jackhammer to me. OK maybe not that bad but close.:biggrinbounce2:

I just threw up a little. :eek:

LOL. Kinda like when you feel yourself?

Strange way to describe raw power!:hmm3grin2orange:

Strange way do dress!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

So why did YOU dress up my picture like that:laugh:

You gave me that pic on our anniversary last year.

BTW.
2009 Indiana GTG

66-75cc

1) Andyshine 1.50 372
2) Andy 1.56
3) Brad 1.91 (saw???)
4) Brad 1.97 (saw???)
5) Owen 3.22 441
6) Banshee 3.47 (saw???)
7) Stephen 3.29 (saw???)
8) Banshee 3.47 (saw???)

76-85cc 9x9
1) Andy 1.47 7900
2) Andy 1.47 7900
3) Brad 1.53
4) Brad 1.62
5) Brad 1.78
6) Brad 2.00
7) Tri955 2.34
8) Tri955 2.37
9) Tri955 2.46
10) Tri955 2.50
11) Stephan 2.66
12) Stephen 2.97
13) Stephen 3.12
14) Gregg 3.33

Sorry had to.;)

Any time! Well give me a few weeks I need some fresh fuel mix.

BTW here's a good gift for the wife this Christmas.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LEgpQSStEwk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LEgpQSStEwk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back