MS440 or MS441 - You Decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the bigger dawgs for several reasons. The grab the wood better when there's a flare in the wood, they help keep the case away from the wood, the saw is more stable when setting, and they look better. They also allow you to run the roller chain catcher, which allows better chip flow when noodling.

1110122255_LmKTB-M.jpg

1110122402_8XnBj-M.jpg

1110122517_E6bR6-M.jpg

Compression is approaching 180 PSI.

1110122021_k4XLp-M.jpg

Here's something else I'm trying. I've always had great success with Outerwears on K&N filters. Why not on a Stihl filter? So far so good.

1110131137_VT9Bo-M.jpg

I agree very much on the dual dogs.:D

Would you have a number on the outerwear? Great idea and the color is cool too.

Everyone laughs about taking care of a saw from getting roughed up doing it's job. Funny how the cleanest saws that were taken care of bring the best buck in re-sale. It's worth the effort IMO. And they look nicer!

outerwears are great, i run one of those over my k&n on the quad, cuts down on filter maintenance alot,and so easy to pop up and bang the dust off, was that one built for that air filter or is it a custom job? either way, cool touch, nice color too of course

I didn't say that. But you have to admit that most would associate most of those design "features" with Husky. You know I'm a Stihl head, but you can't deny that you see technology on Huskies, and then a few years later, it shows up on Stihls.

Your part right. More then a few years later.

Personally, I don't care who designed the technology. But several things just screamed Husky at me when I first dug into the 261. I just laughed. Who really cares. Good technology is good technology, and a good saw is a good saw. It still cracks me up though that the #1 world wide has to play follow the leader in technology. The one feature I haven't seen before and love on the 261 is the air filter. The filter itself and the way it fastens are awesome.

Personally, I don't care who designed the technology. But several things just screamed Husky at me when I first dug into the 261. I just laughed. Who really cares. Good technology is good technology, and a good saw is a good saw. It still cracks me up though that the #1 world wide has to play follow the leader in technology. The one feature I haven't seen before and love on the 261 is the air filter. The filter itself and the way it fastens are awesome.

I know man. I wonder sometimes why they don't put more money into R&D and design. They put so much cash into marketing, but they should maybe try to set the bar with something that everyone else wants to copy.

I guess Stihl did invent the first chainsaw though, so they have been copied by everyone in that respect. :hmm3grin2orange:

Husky is the leader in saw tech IMO. But I still love Stihl chainsaws.

I didn't say that. But you have to admit that most would associate most of those design "features" with Husky. You know I'm a Stihl head, but you can't deny that you see technology on Huskies, and then a few years later, it shows up on Stihls.

I like new stuff but I could care less for the spring AV. One of the big reasons I sold the 441. Just felt like I could control the 044 much better. I hope the 261 doesn't have that feeling...

Back