MS441 Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tothemax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello. I have a MS441 with very low hours. It starts fine but will die if you let it idle for over a min. When it dies it will not restart for a while.

I know some of these have had ignition coil issues, could this be its cause? I will check the fuel line and tank vent.

Could be the coil but you need to check for spark when the fault occurs. None of my saws idle for a minute. If I'm not on task I shut them off.

My 441 is non M-tron didn't think about the solenoid. My 362C did have idle issues due to the wiring harness but it acted like a solenoid. Wires were loose in the solenoid plug.

441 can be either.
If it's mtronic then the selinoid is bad
If it's a standard carb the low is fat.

Pull your plug when the condition occurs chk for flooded plug and test for spark.eleminate what is working correctly and you'll find the problem
Hello. I have a MS441 with very low hours. It starts fine but will die if you let it idle for over a min. When it dies it will not restart for a while.

I know some of these have had ignition coil issues, could this be its cause? I will check the fuel line and tank vent.

Back