MS660 Give-Away to Help My Brother...Go Here First!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still kinda amazed I won.
For 30 years or so I had 1 chainsaw, my Dad's which he busted the tank on back in the 70's.
Then maybe 5 to 10 years ago I bought a Stihl 021, and used it maybe 3 times a year.
Then I found this site and decided to get a Stihl 441 or 460.
Then I stumbled- into the Efco 3600 (which I bought new for $50).
And NOW I've fallen into :) the JD CS62 (which I understand is a rebadged Efco 962).
Now I can't see getting a 441 or 460.

What's next? Direct to a bandsaw mill?

And litefoot - keep us posted about your brother!
He's going to get better.

Yes keep use all informed!!!!!!!!! Tell him all of us at AS that we all are praying for him

Here are pictures and a description of the John Deere chainsaw by EdRitchey.
I finally got home to see the saw!
The cardboard box looked like they used it for soccer practice but the excellent packing ensured everything inside survived unharmed!
The saw is BEAUTIFUL, just Beautiful. Unfortunately it's almost 2100 and I work tomorrow.
Hopefully I will be able to run some fuel thru it this weekend.

And prayers go to your brother litefoot.

The cardboard box looked like they used it for soccer practice but the excellent packing ensured everything inside survived unharmed!
The saw is BEAUTIFUL, just Beautiful. Unfortunately it's almost 2100 and I work tomorrow.

Enjoy the saw, and congrats!!

Yes, I really hope things are getting better for your brother.

I'm glad you like the saw. And I'm glad you put your money toward a good cause, Let us know what you think of the saw after you get some hours on it.

well guys the 660 is finally home!!!!!!!!!! Maybe mon. i will get to see what the old girls got. Litefoot hows your brother!!!!!!! hoped the money help him out!!!!!!

Just an update on Jock. I talked to him again on Sunday and he sounded to be in good spirits. His BIL was coming by to take him deer hunting yesterday. I think they were going to try the powerline clearing near his house. So BIL is going to roll him out to a good spot with some cover and set him up some shooting sticks and see what happens.:laugh: He wanted me to again express to you all his deep gratitude for all you've done to help. So again, my hat's off to each of you.

I'm in the process of moving my mother out West so we can take care of her. She's coming out the 2nd week in November. I'm going to go back to SC and pick her up. I'll probably bring Jock and Debbie out as well to let them have a look around and hopefully get them "thinking" about coming to Utah as well.

On a side note, I don't think we've seen pics or video of either raffle saw have we? Redlinefever and gemniii, let's get cracking!!!

I'm in the process of moving my mother out West so we can take care of her. She's coming out the 2nd week in November. I'm going to go back to SC and pick her up. I'll probably bring Jock and Debbie out as well to let them have a look around and hopefully get them "thinking" about coming to Utah as well.[/B]
Family together at Thanksgiving. :cheers:

Nice to have the family together again. Hope your bro gets a nice one hunting. He can have the one I don't get.

"On a side note, I don't think we've seen pics or video of either raffle saw have we? Redlinefever and gemniii, let's get cracking!!!" _

Might need to send them saws over to FG so the chains stay well lubed..

Thanks for the news about your bro. Glad to hear he's getting out and about.

Well, I apologize for the lack of pics.
But then there is the general lack of sunlight around here.
As I mentioned before I really didn't even see the saw until last week and we seem to be in monsoon season.
I filled it with fresh gas & oil(s) and have only had a brief chance to rest the bar on a log three times when it wasn't raining. Went thru like butter. Maybe next weekend :)

I don't think we've seen pics or video of either raffle saw have we? Redlinefever and gemniii, let's get cracking!!!

I will try to get some downloaded tonight! Thats good to hear that your brother is doing better hope he ends up will a full recovery.:chainsaw::chainsaw:

Awesome! Thanks for the pics.

Since this got bumped to the top, I wanted to report that Jock is making good progress. He's up on his feet walking short distances. I think Debbie sometimes (as a loving wife might want to do) tries to help too much when he needs to gain confidence by accomplishing small things all by himself. Anyway, I'm here in the home turf of the Palmetto brigade (joatmon, Edisto, etc) and will be bringing him and Debbie back to Utah for a visit.

Latest posts

Back