MS660 Superstock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have some time this winter:)

That's it...dangle a nice juicy carrot why don't you!!!

I saw how nice that pipe you made for your saw was. I had to wipe the drool from the keyboard afterwords. BTW, did you ever get to find out how many revs the saw was turning with the pipe? It sounded real happy!!!...;)

I would agree. It might pull another 250-400 rpm's with a tweak. Notice all of the oil in the cylinder in the pics, and that was after being shut off right after coming out of the wood. That being said, I'm not the kind to wring a saws neck with the H screw so I can gain .1 second in a cut. I would rather the saw be on the rich side of right. It did pull well from a 2-4 break into a clean two-stroke, but i still think that a 1/16 turn CW on the H screw will be ok.

Good Job! :cheers:

The saw does sound rich, but that is not 660 sized wood.

The rich out of the cut, clears in a cut idea comes in wood big enough to increase the cylinder firing pressure (lugging down in a cut).

A little more timing might also bring that pressure up enough to clear out better?

Set a 36" bar in that saw just as it is set, and cut in 36" wood and I bet it's real close to the fastest cut it will make?

Just one of the rules for running rich and wrecking stuff vs lean and wrecking stuff ,,,,

Better a plug then a jug.

Good Job! :cheers:

The saw does sound rich, but that is not 660 sized wood.

The rich out of the cut, clears in a cut idea comes in wood big enough to increase the cylinder firing pressure (lugging down in a cut).

A little more timing might also bring that pressure up enough to clear out better?

Set a 36" bar in that saw just as it is set, and cut in 36" wood and I bet it's real close to the fastest cut it will make?

Just one of the rules for running rich and wrecking stuff vs lean and wrecking stuff ,,,,

Better a plug then a jug.

That is the thing. Remember the application. If you bury all 24" of that bar the load goes up quite a bit. With load comes pressure, closely followed by heat. I want the saw set so I can pick it up and use it as it was intended. I still think it is a hair rich, but not more than a hair. All this being said, the way it went through that cant made me think it would make an ok limbing saw-10" limbs mind you...;)

Not near as rich as my 084 and 440 were milling Oak Monday night! I agree with you on the work saw tuning. You want to be able to grab it, bury the bar, and not have to worry about it.

Hearing a two-stroke tie-up is a fairly sickening sound. I'm not trying to live like that:cheers:

That's it...dangle a nice juicy carrot why don't you!!!

I saw how nice that pipe you made for your saw was. I had to wipe the drool from the keyboard afterwords. BTW, did you ever get to find out how many revs the saw was turning with the pipe? It sounded real happy!!!...;)

Anytime you want to try one let me know. I never did get a tach on it, I did get it down in the .8's seconds in 8x8 one cuts. I would like to find a donor case and tank so I could put a bigger carb, I'm still running the stock with choke, not sure how much that'll gain going to a bigger carb but would like to try it.

Latest posts

Back