MS660R VS MS661R ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carb and ignition are getting attention before anything is changed in the port work.

I'm not wanting to go back down on that intake unless all else fails.

The 660 with just bridges seems to be running at a higher RPM.......but you can't lean on it quite as hard. Stopwatches don't tell the whole story here.....as I'm sure you guys realize.

I'd take the air filter off and see if you're getting any spit back. If you are you may just need to go a little higher on the transfers to get a more complete charge transfer.

image.jpg
just from my prospective.........to see what works best, youll need big wood. at least a 32" bar burried in hard wood. i know thats hard to do but for my money i care little if a saw turns 13 or 14000 as long as it will pull chips and not bog to bad.
i would consider 14 to fast but thats just me and my old mind lol.
Like this??

The guy that originaly ported my 066 made the ex. Port wider at the top and narrower at the bottom, ( all his pat experience is with snowmobiles) what would this accomplish, why tapered?

The guy that originaly ported my 066 made the ex. Port wider at the top and narrower at the bottom, ( all his pat experience is with snowmobiles) what would this accomplish, why tapered?

Around 80% of the burnt charge is evacuated immediately when the ex port opens. His thoughts were trying to capitalize on this by getting more out he could get a better separation of the burnt and fresh charge.

He also use to machine a hole center of intake piston skirt, about 1/2 " dia.

But adding a bunch of great information, thanks

Yes he is........and it is appreciated.

Well I left out a bit in that post. But I'm not trying to high jack masterminds thread. Just trying to trying to help some.

Hijack away my friend. It's good to see.

I've been at this porting thing for only a few years.......yeah, I've learned a lot.....built a bunch of saws. But.......I'm one of those people that are eager to learn more. I'm at a point that I'm going back thru all my "recipes" and rethinking everything.

I have to go the town for a few hours........I hate to leave.

Carry on.......

:rock:

Back