ms661 magnum baby

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deets ever try a 193t? i prefer it over the 201t and get verbally abused by my tree buddies quite often. but its still better for half the price!

Screenshot_2015-10-29-06-18-39.png

decided to piss off some deer hunters and start her up just before dark because hey, they weren't gonna see sh*t. anyways didnt even burn close to a half tank.
should the filter look like this already?

View attachment 456873

decided to piss off some deer hunters and start her up just before dark because hey, they weren't gonna see sh*t. anyways didnt even burn close to a half tank.
should the filter look like this already?

Thats stihls awesome filtration technology that goes all the way back to the civil war.

Hey ground guy! Welcome to AS! Nice buy. FWIW, I have a '93 066M and the filter setup is basically the same (see Sawmikaze post above). Yah, that looks normal. I don't have one, nor have I shopped for one, but the AS menber who ported mine spoke about "Outerwears", a mesh wrap that would keep a lot of that off the filter. I've ran Outerwears on my circle track dirtcar before but not a saw. Worth looking into maybe if you want to keep the filter open longer; they'll shed the big stuff rather easily. I haven't ran mine much since porting and conversion to the HD filter, but putting a tank or two through and looking like that, it did not hurt the performance, and I just knocked the big stuff off after.

Duane

Hey ground guy! Welcome to AS! Nice buy. FWIW, I have a '93 066M and the filter setup is basically the same (see Sawmikaze post above). Yah, that looks normal. I don't have one, nor have I shopped for one, but the AS menber who ported mine spoke about "Outerwears", a mesh wrap that would keep a lot of that off the filter. I've ran Outerwears on my circle track dirtcar before but not a saw. Worth looking into maybe if you want to keep the filter open longer; they'll shed the big stuff rather easily. I haven't ran mine much since porting and conversion to the HD filter, but putting a tank or two through and looking like that, it did not hurt the performance, and I just knocked the big stuff off after.

Duane

Guys out west dont seem to mind the outerwears..i personally dont like them , they just help hold the fines in with the wood ive cut with them..im a max-flow fan.

But you get cool stickers to decorate your saw with when you buy an outerwear..so it may be worth it.

I choose not to try one as they are a very light, igniteable material, and that saw does see fireline use. I've seen ember marks on filters before, but the last thing I need when cutting on something burning is to suck an ember and light the Outerwear up by accident! Don't want to find out how resistive they are or aren't on the line!

Duane

Latest posts

Back