MS880 Piston in an MS460?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
Had a guy tell me he was going to put an 880 piston in his 460 which got straight gassed. I can't see any way possible to go from 77cc to about 121 or something. Did I miss something somewhere or is this a possibility? He was talking about boring out the cylinder and other things I didn't comprehend as being viable. Then he mentioned something about a "big bore kit" and so forth. Anyway, is this a bunch of bull like I suspect?

He would have to do a lot more than just boring it out the stroke in the crank is different.

Sounds like something Westboastfaller would say.

WTF would @Westboastfaller say that? he's all about the domed pistons if anything. i couldn't imagine him saying something as stupid as an 880 piston in a 460 lol. you gotta remember. westboast ain't just some cull hack like the average AS member. i mean he is a cull just like gypologger but he has been running a saw since you could even think and while maybe it sounds like he says some stuff that ain't right he'll make you out to be a fool when it comes to talking about the saws he runs for a living. those saws certainly ain't shindaiwa's. building a saw every now and then and burning a tank or two is way way different then running a particular model 10 tanks a day and keeping it running for years on end. i dare you to meet him in real life, you ain't that far away lol

WTF would @Westboastfaller say that? he's all about the domed pistons if anything. i couldn't imagine him saying something as stupid as an 880 piston in a 460 lol. you gotta remember. westboast ain't just some cull hack like the average AS member. i mean he is a cull just like gypologger but he has been running a saw since you could even think and while maybe it sounds like he says some stuff that ain't right he'll make you out to be a fool when it comes to talking about the saws he runs for a living. those saws certainly ain't shindaiwa's. building a saw every now and then and burning a tank or two is way way different then running a particular model 10 tanks a day and keeping it running for years on end. i dare you to meet him in real life, you ain't that far away lol

Shane, a trip to Canada for a few days of logging with you, Gypo and Westboast sounds like a grand time. I'll bring my Shindaiwas with domed pistons to work the landing, a bag of screws and some red loctite to hold your Husqvarnas together, and some good American beer to share after we finish up for the day. Then we'll stand in the rain and talk aboot how we're going to fit that 880 piston in a 460 Rancher.

Like deets said the timing would be terrible if the huge piston would even open the exhaust at all or the transfers. A bigger bore rarely means more power, I have a 66 big bore cylinder with a 395 piston and lots of machine work and time in it but can easily make a factory cylinder stronger.

As mentioned above, if he don't change the cam it's a waist of time anyway and I completely agree.

Shane, a trip to Canada for a few days of logging with you, Gypo and Westboast sounds like a grand time. I'll bring my Shindaiwas with domed pistons to work the landing, a bag of screws and some red loctite to hold your Husqvarnas together, and some good American beer to share after we finish up for the day. Then we'll stand in the rain and talk aboot how we're going to fit that 880 piston in a 460 Rancher.

Sounds like a great time :D your even willing to bring the loctite and screws. That's a true friend right there :cheers: lol

Had a guy tell me he was going to put an 880 piston in his 460 which got straight gassed. I can't see any way possible to go from 77cc to about 121 or something. Did I miss something somewhere or is this a possibility? He was talking about boring out the cylinder and other things I didn't comprehend as being viable. Then he mentioned something about a "big bore kit" and so forth. Anyway, is this a bunch of bull like I suspect?

This person you speak of sounds very over-medicated.

LORD TUNDER 'N' JESUS 'BY',Only come's out west for me pogey, I did..Honesly..just come for me pogey.
Weeks drive aboot to
Fort McMurrays from's home there's .

Ft Mac's Alberta's is Newfoundlands first city...
Honest to God's me son's...we took's
her's over's, we tooks hers ALL's over's
and never's had to's fire's one bullet...not one bullet me sons.
Sure's be good there had there's um Quebecers seperated from'sthe rest of Canada, Id a bin's here's already's 16 hours ago I would's...honestly I would's

"You want to join use for a drink"?
OH god's no's ...I don't drinks and I dont's do's coke's

Back