ms880 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmssaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just got another 880 with a broke crankshaft it's a very clean complete saw, it's already tore down ready to go back together. I gave 300 for it takes 300 to fix. My question is do I part it or fix? It will b a hard sell in my neck of the woods ain't no big timber round here and I don't need a other saw on the shelf I won't use. What to do with it?

ebay as a parts saw, sometimes brings more money than a rebuilt one. I've been guilty of buying non runner 044 myself off ebay for as much as they are worth running. Something just draws people in and they spend too much.

Just got another 880 with a broke crankshaft it's a very clean complete saw, it's already tore down ready to go back together. I gave 300 for it takes 300 to fix. My question is do I part it or fix? It will b a hard sell in my neck of the woods ain't no big timber round here and I don't need a other saw on the shelf I won't use. What to do with it?

I am interested if you want to sell it. PM me if you are interested.

The MS880 isn't used much as a felling saw. The applications that I see them in are:
1. Milling
2. Tree services for bucking big yard trees
3. Stump grinders use them to lower stumps.

So they have a limited market but probably some are sold all over the USA. I'm thinking a nice looking one would sell for $1000 if you use oem parts to repair it. (about half of new).
I've considered them in the past but never bit on one. (yet, lol)

The MS880 isn't used much as a felling saw. The applications that I see them in are:
1. Milling
2. Tree services for bucking big yard trees
3. Stump grinders use them to lower stumps.

So they have a limited market but probably some are sold all over the USA. I'm thinking a nice looking one would sell for $1000 if you use oem parts to repair it. (about half of new).
I've considered them in the past but never bit on one. (yet, lol)
Well, now you have a chance to bite. Take a look at my thread on the Tradin' post. No repairs required. It's a beauty and I think I priced it right. When bought new, they retail locally for $1,950 after the dealer adds in sales tax.

well,
carburetor, chain cover, recoil starter, and cover; handle, brake handle.
those are the major things, and some odd bits.

Latest posts

Back