• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Ms880/silvey chain grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do make some cool saws. I have a 12mm 044 with a 10mm top end that is my favorite.
Nice, I've got one or two...lol. I have a 440 a buddy ported, great running saw, it was my lightweight 70cc saw for a while and primarily ran a 20" stihl light bar which is a lot of fun setup like that..

I don’t know Brett- I didn’t see anybody acting nasty to this guy. And I wasn’t trying to buy his stuff. I inquired about the grinder- but he’s too far away.

There are obligations as a seller- and being overwhelmed isn’t an excuse once you accept payment.

Maybe this guy is a straight up cat and this was just a poorly run transaction, but we’ve all seen a few adds pop up an AS at times that went down just like this with different results.

Comes to mind a saw (one of way too many) I purchased on here. Exact same song and dance .... but then I did get the saw. After a week of no communication came excuses, and then a couple more weeks, and finally a saw (thankfully).
However- that same seller is now banned as his next transaction he hosed 2 members on here. Selling saws that never shipped..... after lengthy excuses and no communication.

After other people got hosed I regretted giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. I never put the dirt on the thread but rather kept it all in PM’s. Obviously the “red flags” proved true.... I just got lucky when I got my saw.

I think it naive to say that we should ignore poorly handled transactions, and overlook the red flags because of excuses. The concerns are legitimate.

I regret my tone in yesterday’s post, but I don’t feel any differently about the general sentiment.

Happy for the buyer- and hope the OP handles the next one differently.

I don’t know Brett- I didn’t see anybody acting nasty to this guy. And I wasn’t trying to buy his stuff. I inquired about the grinder- but he’s too far away.

There are obligations as a seller- and being overwhelmed isn’t an excuse once you accept payment.

Maybe this guy is a straight up cat and this was just a poorly run transaction, but we’ve all seen a few adds pop up an AS at times that went down just like this with different results.

Comes to mind a saw (one of way too many) I purchased on here. Exact same song and dance .... but then I did get the saw. After a week of no communication came excuses, and then a couple more weeks, and finally a saw (thankfully).
However- that same seller is now banned as his next transaction he hosed 2 members on here. Selling saws that never shipped..... after lengthy excuses and no communication.

After other people got hosed I regretted giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. I never put the dirt on the thread but rather kept it all in PM’s. Obviously the “red flags” proved true.... I just got lucky when I got my saw.

I think it naive to say that we should ignore poorly handled transactions, and overlook the red flags because of excuses. The concerns are legitimate.

I regret my tone in yesterday’s post, but I don’t feel any differently about the general sentiment.

Happy for the buyer- and hope the OP handles the next one differently.
I was speaking on what happens many times, nothing direct towords you or anyone in particular. I'm also not defending the OP's actions as it seems there were plenty of shortcomings on his end.
I've heard and seen some things said in PM's and in post that were flat out wrong regardless of whether they were correct in their assessment of the situation/OP in general or not.

Be sure I'm good with you :).
Hope your good with me :surprised3:.

I was speaking on what happens many times, nothing direct towords you or anyone in particular. I'm also not defending the OP's actions as it seems there were plenty of shortcomings on his end.
I've heard and seen some things said in PM's and in post that were flat out wrong regardless of whether they were correct in their assessment of the situation/OP in general or not.

Be sure I'm good with you :).
Hope your good with me :surprised3:.

Brett

Oh we are good- never was an issue there :)

Plus.... If I were to pick somebody to “be at odds with” it would be somebody who didn’t sell so many nice saws :)

Trent

Back