• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Ms880/silvey chain grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I hope it works out but on the flip side it’s pretty crappy to make a deal with three people and not just say hey I have someone interested I’ll keep you posted instead of not saying anything at all. Especially when I said to let me know ASAP I’m ready to pay for it.

Totally agree, I've been skeptical from the beginning. I'm still not convinced a saw will be in the box I receive.

Totally agree, I've been skeptical from the beginning. I'm still not convinced a saw will be in the box I receive.

My apologies to u 2 fellas.overwhelmed, and frustrated with the whole pay-pal situation and how the transaction goes where nobody gets burnt, or ripped off i handed the keys over to my gf to take care of it.i assumed when i gave her all info sge would inform everyone interested what was happening or whatever. Ive got alot on my plate and have had some serious life altering events accure in recent weeks.thats partially why im selling the my 880.
Josh bought a good saw and will def be happy with it, i still do nt know whats up with the mo ney i guess i gotta wait till he gets the saw to actually get it?
Again I apologize to you two fellas. That was never my intention but either way Josh got hooked up

I’ve noticed a trend with shady business..... always a tragedy or family emergency..... or a “girlfriend” involved.

I don’t care what’s on your plate- when you shake a mans hand and take his money you take care of business. That’s called “adulting”. There are always people out there who have it far worse than any of us, and still wake up in the morning and put their work boots on.

I’d look that saw over really well once you get it- inside and out.

I don’t care one bit that the OP sees my post- this entire deal/thread was shady from the get go. Doesn’t speak highly to the transaction when the guy who spent his hard earned money is sitting on the other end of the deal with a tracking number, and crossed fingers. Hoping he gets a good saw and not some hutzl with Stihl badges.... or a box full of phone books.

Where there’s smoke- there’s fire. I hope you didn’t pay F&F.

Hope this transaction turns out ok for the seller- and hopefully the OP learns a little lesson along the way.

I did everything possible to contact him about the silvey. Never got a response back. It says he hasn’t logged in since the 21st.
Welcome to AS cutter(since I haven't seen you around before).
Many times when guys who are not familiar with the forums they get a little overwhelmed with the response they get from an ad. Then you get all the guys saying it's a scam and you can't believe how some of them talk to folks, but what I find even odder is how many of those guys are the same guys who are trying to buy whatever they have for sale :dizzy:. Don't get me wrong there's plenty of scammers who make one post to sell an item, but there are also plenty of folks who found the site useful when they were buying the saw they now want to sell so they come into a community of enthusiast thinking it will be great to offer it up to the same group of guys who's post guided them, but thats short lived as they are called names and barraged with insults.
It's unfortunate but it's hard to separate those trying to pull a fast one from the good guys without some sort of system in place to protect the sites members. That being said anyone can turn at any given time so a system won't protect you in that case anyway.
Buyer beware is the best policy, and that's coming from a guy who does a good bit of selling.

Welcome to AS cutter(since I haven't seen you around before).
Many times when guys who are not familiar with the forums they get a little overwhelmed with the response they get from an ad. Then you get all the guys saying it's a scam and you can't believe how some of them talk to folks, but what I find even odder is how many of those guys are the same guys who are trying to buy whatever they have for sale :dizzy:. Don't get me wrong there's plenty of scammers who make one post to sell an item, but there are also plenty of folks who found the site useful when they were buying the saw they now want to sell so they come into a community of enthusiast thinking it will be great to offer it up to the same group of guys who's post guided them, but thats short lived as they are called names and barraged with insults.
It's unfortunate but it's hard to separate those trying to pull a fast one from the good guys without some sort of system in place to protect the sites members. That being said anyone can turn at any given time so a system won't protect you in that case anyway.
Buyer beware is the best policy, and that's coming from a guy who does a good bit of selling.
Thank you chipper1, long time lurker first time poster. I completely agree with what you said.

Latest posts

Back