Mudcuttin' and Moose Drool!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushmans

Smoke Dragon Herder
Reaction score
51 degrees yesterday. 45 today. Snow has migrated. Mud has jumped the border. I have more wood than you can shake a stick at all at the end of a half mile two track, on the other side of two ponds and tucked deep into the woods. Cold anytime soon? Nope I don't think so. So this Friday you will find me saw over shoulder, gas can swinging and a tune whistling from my lips as I brave the mud to try and get this site cleared before spring. I won't be able to haul much but I can buck trees like a rodeo bull with an appetite for clowns. I'll pick it up later when it freezes again. It will. This is Michigan. I will also be downsizing my bar and chain to an 18" set up now that I have a new sprocket. I ran the new sprocket with the used chain and bar and it somehow messed up my bar. I didn't listen to the advice I was given (here of course) and ran the chain (only a few hours on it)
On the brighter side I have been wanting to downsize just not this way. Oh well. I think my 029 Super will be more efficient with a smaller set up. I just wish it was Friday already. I still have one more Monday to go.
Oh by the way if you run across a beer in the store named Moose Drool, buy it. The best brown ale I have ever had. You won't be dissapointed.

What little snow we got here sure made a mess of things. I hate working with wet gloves and damp feet. It was so nice going in to the woods and now this slop. We cut in the afternoon and pull out the wood in the early mornings when the ground is still froze. When all else fails, we stack the logs between the trees and wait until spring to pull it out.

I'm a Brandy guy but I just might take your advice and get me some of that moose. It sounds like something I might like.

Back