muffler falls off farmboss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In fact, it was a 041 that sold me on Stihl quality.
One time tho I actually tried to remove the muffler to install one with a screen in it. I gave up, and decided that breaking the hardware wasn't worth it. It would seem that eventually the steel screws and aluminum bond somehow! Excellent saw....

-Pat

I also suppose your gas tank never came loose or your carburetor as well?

Scott

I service a lot of 041 (all flavors) and find that if fasteners are loose (carbs, tanks etc) , the saw has other related problems. These old saws are pretty much bullet proof if in decent shape. Much can be traced to bad servicing - fastners put in with an ordinary (and small) flat bladed screw driver, no concept of torque etc...

I service a lot of 041 (all flavors) and find that if fasteners are loose (carbs, tanks etc) , the saw has other related problems. These old saws are pretty much bullet proof if in decent shape.

you service a lot more old saws than we do i think...lol About the only older models we see on a regular basis are 028's and 031's. Our oldest tech calls the 031 a "fred flinstone" saw.

Stihl was strong in this area during the '70's and '80's.. Lot' of sales to "homeowners".. many of the saws are still in pretty decent shape...

Latest posts

Back